Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Youth pin RZM M1/72 opinion and information

Article about: Hey guys, I picked this Hitler youth pin up today. I'm already 99.9% sure it's an original, as I got to handle quite a few reproduction pieces this past weekend and now I can really see the

Default Hitler Youth pin RZM M1/72 opinion and information

Hey guys, I picked this Hitler youth pin up today. I'm already 99.9% sure it's an original, as I got to handle quite a few reproduction pieces this past weekend and now I can really see the difference between them. Just wanted to go ahead and post it up here for another opinion, and also maybe some information on the manufacturer of this piece. I understand it was made by Fritz Zimmermann in Stuttgart. I remember reading somewhere in the past that Zimmermann pieces are somewhat desirable (this could be pure rumor though).

I've seen threads on here where people say they buy these Nazi pins and such for $20 - $25 all the time, I don't know a whole lot about prices, but I've never ever seen anything for that cheap. I paid $50 for it, which I hope was fair, no shipping charges, tax, or PayPal fees.

Thanks everyone for all the help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth pin RZM M1/72 opinion and information
    P
    Many

?

It is original Zimmermann. $50 is not overpriced in my opinion. I've never seen them for sale at $25, but if I did, I would buy them, even though I don't collect HJ pins.

Thank you for the reply. I suppose maybe a guy could get lucky at an estate sale or yard sale and find some German relics for that cheap. I've gone to quite a few estate sales and never once saw anything related to Nazi Germany. Perhaps 25 years ago it happened more often.

Thank you for the reply. I suppose maybe a guy could get lucky at an estate sale or yard sale and find some German relics for that cheap. I've gone to quite a few estate sales and never once saw anything related to Nazi Germany. Perhaps 25 years ago it happened more often.

?

Quote by RailwayEagle View Post
    I've gotten good deals, but it's not ordinary and not something that should be expected.

A nice original and you have bought it at a good price

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Great price mate , and nice looking badge , I really like these HJ badges. It is always best to try and get one with perfect enamel if possible. It may have been slightly lowered in price as there looks like what might be a small enamel crack to part of the red enamel on the left hand side of the first horizontal pic. However i'm becoming a fussy bugger (lol). still a lovely item and well done for picking it up.

Quote by jimm View Post
    Great price mate , and nice looking badge , I really like these HJ badges. It is always best to try and get one with perfect enamel if possible. It may have been slightly lowered in price as there looks like what might be a small enamel crack to part of the red enamel on the left hand side of the first horizontal pic. However i'm becoming a fussy bugger (lol). still a lovely item and well done for picking it up.

That's a bit of a scratch there on the left side, you can see how it extends all the way down to the metal border. I took this photo using my jewelers loupe held up to the camera lens of my cell phone. That coupled with the lighting really brings out all the defects I like mint items too since it lets you really see how it looked some 70~ years ago, and a higher resale value too My favorite are the ones that were actually worn by someone in 1933-45, maybe that's my low-budget talking but as long as it's inexpensive and original I'll take it!

Thanks for the reply

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    A nice original and you have bought it at a good price

Nick
    Thank you for the help and the reply!