MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Youth side cap, Good?

Article about: This cap looks good to me but I wanted to make sure.

Default Hitler Youth side cap, Good?

This cap looks good to me but I wanted to make sure.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth side cap, Good?   Hitler Youth side cap, Good?  

Hitler Youth side cap, Good?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth side cap, Good?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler Youth side cap, Good?

I thought there was suppose to be some inscription inside, from what I have seen.

?

I dont think its true that they are supposed to have a marking inside. Some are Early examples and pre-date RZM tagged models from 1935 on. that is what i have been led to believe anyway. The red piping shows normal service duty rank.

I have seen a summer cap similar to this without markings. it had a party eagle on it. I dont think it belongs there tho!
    Last edited by Bill T; 08-12-2010 at 06:25 PM.

?

i actually went back to my website history and found the cap i was talking about with the eagle. Its obviously been put on by some1 and is missing the diamond. the guy wants $250 usd for it!! the inside of the cap pic looks just like yours tho
    Attached Images Attached Images Hitler Youth side cap, Good? 

I did notice from the caps on The Collectors Guild that the HJ ones have a leather sweat band on the inside and the BDM ones don't, so maybe this one is BDM?

Looks OK to me.

Cheers, Ade.

This cap i would say looks good, as for the cap that Panzer1031 has displayed, what is with that eagle?? i haven't seen that before.

Quote by Rommel1942 View Post
    This cap i would say looks good, as for the cap that Panzer1031 has displayed, what is with that eagle?? i haven't seen that before.
    This is the 1936 pattern HJ Lagermutze but it lacks the HJ diamond insignia.

The national emblem eagle insignia was dropped sometime after 1939. The 1942 regulations specified the HJ insignia to be worn in cloth only.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Wehrmacht39 View Post
    I did notice from the caps on The Collectors Guild that the HJ ones have a leather sweat band on the inside and the BDM ones don't, so maybe this one is BDM?
    hi mate the brown hj side caps with the bdm tags are just wrong tags used in the factory or whatever as the sommer mutze are for the hj not bdm i have seen this mistake also on flieger hj mutze's too! with hj summer mutze rzm tags instead of hj-dj mutze rzm tags! jmo

Quote by Ewan Stirling View Post
    hi mate the brown hj side caps with the bdm tags are just wrong tags used in the factory or whatever as the sommer mutze are for the hj not bdm i have seen this mistake also on flieger hj mutze's too! with hj summer mutze rzm tags instead of hj-dj mutze rzm tags! jmo
    Ok, thanks for the info