Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

HJ Armband

Article about: Hi... here you have three pictures of my new catch of the day I hope it's a genuine armband...but I like to hear your opinion. Sorry for the first picture...it's a little bit blurry. Thanks.

Harti-
    If possible, try and return this piece and buy a standard HJ armband. They are not difficult to find. It is also an item I would not expect to have this odd variation as their construction was regulated by Reichszugmeisterei(RZM) specifications. As mentioned, many "respected" dealers now include fakes in their inventory. Unlike the old days, there is no longer easy access to genuine stock so fakes are found. If it sells and does not come back, easy profit for the dealer.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Armband
    P
    Many

Harti, if you like it , keep it!! i like these , nice original variation imho!

oh an for info , there is at least two posters here have ok'ed this var at WRF before , get searching!

used piece for ref at Jeff Clarks site
    HJ Bevo Armband

another of note, well the construction is, spanish for Frente de Juventudes
    Unknown BeVo-like armband: Finnish HJ? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

also Bob if you do not expect this OR HJ armbands in general, to have any variation because its governed by the RZM ? then why do we see it for the NSDAP , many armband variation including bevo woven also subject to RZM guidelines?

thats not a logical way you could approach this imho

cheers!

For me, judgement by concensus is not a valid manner in which to acertain authenticity. Examples of known examples of the same material and construction is important. Anything political must conform to the requirements of the RZM unless it is an early home made piece which this definitely is not. I have been at this for 58+ years and have never encountered a HJ armband of this construction. A faker does not make only one or a prototype fake. The reference to the Spanish piece is of no merit except only if the subject of this thread is foreign made. Without an period proof of existance of this construction armband, my opinion has not changed.
    BOB

I will add to the above, that I, too, have handled countless HJ armbands and have not encountered this particular style of construction either...It would not be for my collection. HJ bands are easy enough to find and are not rare or expensive. I would prefer something that has no controversy or opposing viewpoints to it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    For me, judgement by concensus is not a valid manner in which to acertain authenticity. Examples of known examples of the same material and construction is important. Anything political must conform to the requirements of the RZM unless it is an early home made piece which this definitely is not. I have been at this for 58+ years and have never encountered a HJ armband of this construction. A faker does not make only one or a prototype fake. The reference to the Spanish piece is of no merit except only if the subject of this thread is foreign made. Without an period proof of existance of this construction armband, my opinion has not changed.
    hi Bob, me either and i never said it would, pretty much none of that comment makes sense i am sorry, i was just showing the same armband but in a worn used condition (at Jeffs site) i never intended to change your mind here, that was not the plan as i dont care, you only need to look at the armbands materials to see they are good, ok so there is not hundreds seen so that makes them fake,ok,i am fine with thinking if yous want to!

whats your opinion on this HJ badge in 2014? you sticking to your guns on that these are no doubt original? you doing so dont make any of the Otto Hoffmann any more originals, surely you can mind these seeing they were made back when there was plenty original around?

HJ membership pin

you see so much fakes being commented original and vise versa all the time.. William seeing your here , i only viewed a thread here last week on an LF&C marked 1918 trench knife you slammed as not the quality of them fake and yes you guessed it its an ORIGINAL casting and matches my VET acquired example to a T. just to reinforce to much good items are slammed by the kings in the hobby.

we will have to agree to disagree here folks as i am still of my original opinion and with no dog in the race i am out!

collect what you will , and most important of all be happy!

cheers

I am always open to a change of opinion if any factual information is presented that validates this piece. Without such, how can anyone claim this odd piece is period original?
    BOB

"William seeing your here , i only viewed a thread here last week on an LF&C marked 1918 trench knife you slammed as not the quality of them fake and yes you guessed it its an ORIGINAL casting and matches my VET acquired example to a T. just to reinforce to much good items are slammed by the kings in the hobby."

All Vet items are not always original. Everyone in the hobby can attest to this. As for the trench knife-regardless, I stand by my assessment of it. You may like it, but it is not something that I would have in my collection.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Where is the separately applied diamond? I see just a BeVo weave which is just like any other BeVo NSDAP armband. The construction is exactly the same and these pop up from time to time being early like the BeVo parties, which were also for the most part not RZM. They are constructed just like the NSJV armbands (often mistaken for DJ) and many other similar armbands. Not everyone has seen everything so that doesn't make something an automatic fake. In the end though it is the OP opinion on the authenticity of this HJ and if they're happy with it.

Here is another: WarRegalia - Third Reich Armbands

HJ Armband

Not quite a welcome back Kyle
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A couple of examples of really odd H.J. armbands that I have in hand. Most positively non RZM examples in any way, shape, or form. Very crude construction but personally for me they are period items. As said the originally shown armband in this thread appears a little odd to me, but would not say good or bad based on photos alone personally. I've seen some very different looking H.J. cloth items over the years and some really wide variations from RZM regulations in photos and items in hand that appear period to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Armband   HJ Armband  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast