Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ armband and shoulder board.

Article about: So there I was working in my museum and a chap I know comes in for a quick chat. Quite unexpected he presented me with a nice HJ armband and a single shoulder board. He had found them whilst

Default HJ armband and shoulder board.

So there I was working in my museum and a chap I know comes in for a quick chat. Quite unexpected he presented me with a nice HJ armband and a single shoulder board. He had found them whilst having a bit of a clear out. Obviously I was well pleased as donations to my museum are few and far between. Hopefully one of the HJ collectors can tell me what the shoulder board is actually for. They were picked up here in Jersey, Channel Islands, unfortunately one of the boards has gone missing but he might find it yet.
    Even the remains of the rzm label and press studs can still be seen on the back of the armband.
    All in all these items brightened up an otherwise quiet day.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ armband and shoulder board.   HJ armband and shoulder board.  

HJ armband and shoulder board.   HJ armband and shoulder board.  

HJ armband and shoulder board.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ armband and shoulder board.
    P
    Many

The shoulder strap RFS is for Reichsfinanzschulen, Reich Finance Schools,
    an institution for training pupils on customs and taxes.
    See my handbook, the pages 525 through 532 with all names for the various schools.

Hi Wilhelm,
    Thanks for the info...and for pointing out I should have looked at my reference books. I have your book and never even thought to take a look. Still quite pleased with my aquisitions but annoyed that I was too lazy to look on the book shelf right next to me.
    D

A lucky find. The RFS strap is a desirable item and somewhat difficult to find, and never cheap. Congratulations.

Hi FrankBooth,
    Thanks for your reply. I am totally out of my depth with HJ items. I have a few bits and pieces but have never set out to collect them. Out of pure interest and with no intention of selling either piece would it be possible to let me know an approximate value of the strap. Not as much as if it a perfect pair I know, but it will have to be entered on the museum inventory and it needs a value for insurance purposes. I would not have expected it to be more than £40 or so.... but then I might just be surprised.
    All the best,
    D.
    Last edited by JERSEY 34; 10-21-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Retail of that strap is much much more than 40 GBP. IMO a fair price is more along 200 to 250 USD easily for the strap, perhaps more to the right buyer. A matching pair is even more valuable should your contact find the other. A pair would top the 500 to 600 USD range, perhaps more for the right buyer. More scarce H.J. insignia is currently rivaling SS in prices on dealer sites and forums. Sometimes selling for these values and sometimes not.

Wow, I never expected that!!!!
    D