Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

hj badge

Article about: hi folks Annoyed from this ads?   just recently bought a hj badge and on the back is a rzm mark on one side and just a number 13 on the other, any ideas plz

Not according to my list😙

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement hj badge
    P
    Many

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Not according to my list
    Well, I've never collected HJ badges so I can't speak with authority, but when it comes to Party badges, RZM 13 (and M1/13) is L. Christian Lauer. I haven't seen transitional badges with Brehmer markings, but their code was M1/101. If Jo Rivett is about somewhere, he might appear and tell us for sure.

?

Quote by Erno View Post
    Well, I've never collected HJ badges so I can't speak with authority, but when it comes to Party badges, RZM 13 (and M1/13) is L. Christian Lauer. I haven't seen transitional badges with Brehmer markings, but their code was M1/101. If Jo Rivett is about somewhere, he might appear and tell us for sure.
    The 13 isn't a RZM number. It is a Prasidialkanzlei number. 13 is correct for Brehmer.
    See this:

Useful links: PKZ/LDO makers numbers & 1944 award regulations

Regards
    Brett

?

Quote by Brett View Post
    The 13 isn't a RZM number. It is a Prasidialkanzlei number. 13 is correct for Brehmer.
    See this:

Useful links: PKZ/LDO makers numbers & 1944 award regulations

Regards
    Brett
    What? Why would they use those numbers? This is clearly an RZM-marked transitional badge. That is, the RZM codes before the M1 prefix was established. It makes no sense that these would use PKZ numbers, which as I understand were used for awards.

?

Sorry Erno
    Post in haste when you are at home sick & this is what happens! I have only just noticed
    the RZM marking on the badge.

Hanging his head in shame (and flu)
    Brett

?

Quote by Brett View Post
    Sorry Erno
    Post in haste when you are at home sick & this is what happens! I have only just noticed
    the RZM marking on the badge.

Hanging his head in shame (and flu)
    Brett
    Oh, haha, sorry if I seemed harsh then! This thread was starting to confuse me slightly.

so who is the maker then ????

not bad!

thanks

?

Quote by dasreich View Post
    so who is the maker then ????
    The maker is almost certainly L. Christian Lauer. I see no reason whatsoever why it would be Brehmer. 13 was their PKZ number, but there's no reason for this badge to utilize that numbering system. I'll explain:

In 1933, RZM regulations were introduced. Under this system, businesses could apply for a license number to make and sell Nazi Party goods. Initially, it seems as though all makers of metal objects were issued numbers from the same 'set,' regardless of what they produced. L. Christian Lauer was number 13. By mid-1935, special licenses were allocated and a different prefix was used depending upon what was being produced. The prefix for membership badges was M1, and the earliest RZM marks (prior to standardization) usually correspond exactly to the M1 numbers. For example, if a badge is marked 'RZM 17,' this is a transitional marking which corresponds to 'RZM M1/17,' which is F.W. Assmann & Söhne. However, if, for example, you find a belt buckle marked 'RZM 17,' that will correlate to 'RZM M4/39,' which is also Assmann (that is because the M4 prefix was used for belt buckles, and those numbers are different).

In the case of your badge, it's a transitional membership badge without any prefix, so we can usually assume that the number correlates exactly to those using the M1 prefix. As such, the maker of your badge is L. Christian Lauer.

Here's a list of the RZM firms and their license numbers:

http://www.interlog.com/~sjl/pheasant/rzmcodelist.pdf

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast