Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Bann Numbers.

Article about: Hi. Can someone tell me which Bann district 28 was? I have a pair of HJ shoulder straps with the number 28 embroidered to them. Is there a good reference book available on HJ insignia that l

Default HJ Bann Numbers.

Hi.
    Can someone tell me which Bann district 28 was? I have a pair of HJ shoulder straps with the number 28 embroidered to them.
    Is there a good reference book available on HJ insignia that lists the Bann numbers.
    Any info will be appreciated.
    Cheers
    Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Bann Numbers.
    P
    Many

August 1, 1933 = Koblenz-Trier, so Westmark definitevely since November 2, 1933;
    January 2, 1941 = Koblenz-Trier;
    February 14, 1941 = Moselland. So the triangles worn were Westmark and Moselland.
    Koblenz-Trier were provisional names only. The headquarters were at Boppard and Koblenz.

Consult: Handbook of the Hitler-Jugend (Bann-numbers and Gebiet triangles) by Wilhelm P.B.R.
    Saris with Philippe Gillain and Jeff Hammond, published 2009 at Bender Publishing with 784 pages.
    Pages 650 through 750 list Bann-numbers and districts.

Quote by Mark Tuson View Post
    Hi.
    Can someone tell me which Bann district 28 was? I have a pair of HJ shoulder straps with the number 28 embroidered to them.
    Is there a good reference book available on HJ insignia that lists the Bann numbers.
    Any info will be appreciated.
    Cheers
    Mark
    Mark, i cant recommend Wilhelms book above enough, its an excellent source on the subject, i have just recently purchased another copy online after i was stupid enough to let my first one go, its a whole chunk of info and rare items!

Cheers for your info lads, its much appreciated. I've just found the book on Amazon, and will be parting company with £80 asap.
    Best regards
    Mark

Mark, here it is on summer sale, however, it is most certainly worth the £80 !!

but in this recession, every little helps!

£46

Handbook of the Hitler-Jugend Bann Numbers and Gebiets Triangles - Naval & Military Press

Cheers Ewan. I'm on the case.
    Appreciated.

Both the book and the lists that Garry has on the forum are absolutely necessary if you are an H.J. collector.

Hi Chaps.
    Just received my copy of Wilhelm Saris' Handbook of the HJ. What a beauty! Many thanks for recommending it, well impressed, especially as I managed to get it at the reduced sale price. So cheers Ewan, you're a star.
    BR
    Mark

The book contains many fantastic photos of rare and not often seen H.J. cloth insignia. Worth the price for the photos alone, and the information is a fantastic bonus and a must have for H.J. collectors and researchers. The most comprehensive work done on H.J. Bann structure and regulations to date.