Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Flag numbers

Article about: Hello guys, can you pls explain the meaning of this numbers to me? It's on a HJ flag...and maybe someone knows where this unit was located... thanks in advance... Annoyed from this ads? &nbs

?

Default HJ Flag numbers

Hello guys,

can you pls explain the meaning of this numbers to me?
    It's on a HJ flag...and maybe someone knows where this unit was located...

thanks in advance...
    harti

HJ Flag numbers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Flag numbers
    P
    Many

This is an early HJ Gefolgschaft flag. Ask the guys on the Hitler Youth Forum They'll be able to tell you everything you need to know I'm sure.

Edit: just noticed that they don't have yours on the list of surviving flags yet so might be worth letting them know. Here's a link to that thread:

List of HJ Gefolgschaft, DJ Fähnlein, BDM Mädelgruppe and Jungmädelgruppe flags and pennants known to exist - Hitler Youth Forum

you could have a rare one.

$1428? Wow. H.J. items are starting to rival SS items in price it seems. Problem is H.J. collectors= small community. SS collectors = ten, twenty, perhaps a hundred or a thousand fold in comparison. Narrow market for this item and a hefty price IMO. It's a nice looking flag, and as Norkus has said you can ask at the H.J. forum or refer to Wim Saris's book "Handbook of the Hitlerjugend" for location of the unit. If you really want an H.J. Gefolgschaftsfahne it's kind of expensive IMO unless you have a particular connection to the region it is from IMO.

Gefolgschaft 4 / Unterbann II / Bann 288
    This flag was in use no earlier than 15.5.1934, this being the date on which Bann 288 was raised.The flag will not have been in use long because from 21.3.1935, standardised flags were introduced with different corner patches and a different numbering convention. In your case the new numbers would have been 4/288 (black stitched numbers on a white panel)..As far as the location of that unit is concerned, Gefolgschaft 1/288 was located in the town of Eltville. The Bann headquarters was also located in Eltville and given the size of the town (population 4400 in 1935) I suspect that Gefolgschaft 4 was also located there or very near. Bann 288 was called Niederwald at the time when your type of flag was in use. This was in HJ Gebiet 13, Hessen-Nassau.

hope this helped,cheers

Hi Overthetop, you should really give a credit to the source of the information that you helpfully posted:

Location of HJ Gefolgschaft 4/II/288? - Hitler Youth Forum