Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

HJ Gausieger 1944 Badge

Article about: Probably old news for some, but hopefully someone will learn from this............... The 1944 badge is painted. Anything else is fake sorry but so many get caught out by that one blimey....

Default Re: HJ Gausieger 1944 Badge

Hi John, no witch hunts here.

But if new info has come to light, it needs to be presented so everyone can learn.

I always have an open mind. Stuff that was accepted as original years ago has often now been shown to be wrong with new research and more diligent methods which are now being applied.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Gausieger 1944 Badge
    P
    Many

I do know that there have been some "issues" over the type of badge in question since the post, and to be honest I give up trying. No one knows everything, and i count myself as one of those, I have "gut reactions" sometimes I'm right, other times I'm wrong. I'll always hold my hands up when proven wrong, and the fakes are sure getting good. In answer to your question.................probably

I am certain these badges have been around since the 1970's when I started collecting.

Indeed no one knows it all.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Still, I'd like to here an explanation as to why this was brought back to attention. I feel it's only fair to Brandon as well as all the members here. Jo! where did you go!!!

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    S I feel it's only fair to Brandon as well as all the members here. Jo! where did you go!!!
    Outside for a roll-it-up.
    Fairness surely works both ways? Well it should. And as detrimental as "saying something was fake" and then just walking away is, continually saying that something is real, and then just walking away, is just as detrimental, and just as unfair to the original poster as well as the members here. No? (i am of course referring to another thread altogether)
    I was just interested to know if this was still deemed good by those using this thread as a point of reference, thats all, because those who collect and study these, are of the opinion that it is anything but real.

It is clear that it was not stamped under the obverse die that is the "known and accepted" original die for the 44 GS. No discussion there, thats a fact.

But maybe there has since been, (or previously?) studies carried out that show that indeed two different obverse dies were used for this particular award?
    That would be a very interesting thing indeed, and something that i haven't seen yet with the late war items, especially those in zink - by the same maker.
    (i dont know why, possibly a mix of the base material being weaker than messing etc.. and not wearing the die out that quick, and that not too many of these late war produced items were needed)
    Interesting too is that the known and accepted 44 GS badges all seem to have subsequently been varnished before packaging - this one seems to have been forgotten.

I am sure that others will have more to say soon

"And as detrimental as "saying something was fake" and then just walking away is, continually saying that something is real, and then just walking away, is just as detrimental, and just as unfair to the original poster as well as the members here. No? "-Jo

Well said! I can't agree more with that statement, it's something we sometimes seem to forget about. Thank you for your reply.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2