Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ Gefolgschaft Acquired, 2/323. Info Appreciated!

Article about: Greetings everyone, I recently acquired this Hitler Youth flag, and I know very little about it. There is very little information to be found on these. That being said, I have a few question

RZM
    ?

Default HJ Gefolgschaft Acquired, 2/323. Info Appreciated!

Greetings everyone,

I recently acquired this Hitler Youth flag, and I know very little about it. There is very little information to be found on these. That being said, I have a few questions about this one. What is the significance of the black and white border around the unit patch? All other examples I have seen are a solid black border. Where was this unit located, and is there any information about them? Finally, what do these flags generally sell for? This one is in good condition with some light staining and a few period repairs. Thank you for any help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Gefolgschaft Acquired, 2/323.  Info Appreciated!   HJ Gefolgschaft Acquired, 2/323.  Info Appreciated!  

HJ Gefolgschaft Acquired, 2/323.  Info Appreciated!   HJ Gefolgschaft Acquired, 2/323.  Info Appreciated!  

HJ Gefolgschaft Acquired, 2/323.  Info Appreciated!   HJ Gefolgschaft Acquired, 2/323.  Info Appreciated!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Gefolgschaft Acquired, 2/323.  Info Appreciated!
    P
    Many

Quote by RZM View Post
    Greetings everyone,

I recently acquired this Hitler Youth flag, and I know very little about it. There is very little information to be found on these
    Hi there,

There is a LOT of info on these flags on the HJ-Research forum:

Flags, pennants and banners - Hitler Youth Forum

Edit: Ah good, I see that you have posted it there already

I think 2 is Brandenburg..sorry im on my phone, so i cant search the area. Some of the guys on here will know

maybe that unit was formed before 1933?,.like the traditions stripe on the BDM & HJ district triangle, just a thought,.but i will look into it over the next few days.

cheers,
    si

2/323
    -introduced in 1936 (unit 2 / Bann 323) Nordpfalz
    -1937 (unit 2 / Bann 323) Nordpfalz/West Saarpfalz Gebiet 25
    -1941 (Unit 2/ Bann 323) Kaiserslautern West/Westmark

hope this helps,the black & white stitching around the unit patch were early patches,i think it was just a change in the way units were numbered for example.
    units could be 2/1 374 with checkered unit patches then they were standardised around 1935/36 & the unit patches were for example 14/385 with just a
    solid border.,thats all it could be i think.but i will keep researching.i am keen to find out what it means too,i hope someone can help.

cheers,
    si

- - ------- - -

nice flag by the way,.i like it,would love to have this in my collection.

si

Nope. Not a good flag. Check this thread for reasons why:

Hitler Youth HJ Gefolgschaft flag 2/323 - opinions please - Hitler Youth Forum

i stand correced,.i was not so much analising the flag itself mostly helping out with identification,.though at a closer look i agree with the opinions on the HJ forum,very experienced opinions.i did however notice the early corner patch chord with post 1935 number convention.
    i just didnt put 2 & 2 together.bummer RZM ,.at first glance it had me fooled hope you didnt get burned on it too bad.

cheers,
    si

HI Si, I didn't mean to have a go at you. Your info was also useful so my apologies if I came across like I was having a go.

no mate its all good,.shame this one is a fake,.its a bit scary the quality of the repros out there are getting better & better,.i guess well just have to study harder.,which is all good with me.

cheers

RZM
    ?

The opinions on that forum were not that it's a fake, but that it's a non standardized flag that requires further review. It belonged to a very good friend of mine who's great uncle sent it home. There is rock solid provenience with it. The widow of the soldier remembers getting it in the mail. His grandfather remembers seeing it when he returned home from the War. There is even a picture floating around somewhere that shows the soldier who captured it holding it in front of a crashed jeep. I saw it years ago when I first saw the flag, but it hasn't been seen since they moved a couple years ago. I have reminded him again to see if he can locate it. Once he does, I will post it here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast