Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

HJ knife and belt!

Article about: Nice dean, I like the belt/buckle too! Ive found that the HJ knife is a great conversation piece, and is one of the first things non-collectors want to pick up and touch for some reason. Con

?

Default HJ knife and belt!

After being patient, I found a decent belt,buckle and knife for my HJ collection. Thanks to members here, I got original , reasonable deals. I owe my luck to this fine forum and its members. Buckle is Assmann and knife is marked M 7/37 and the emblem wiggles which is a good sign. There is a missing piece on the reverse of the knife but I have another knife which is also damaged but has the missing piece. It also was overly sharpened at some point in someones garage im sure.I'm thinking of using the other knife for parts. Please tell me this isn't foolish to sacrifice a lesser knife to make a complete one? Also, the HJ armband is from the same member i got the knife from.the knife I may use for the missing piece is RZM marked
    M7/13. Let me know what you think.
    Thanks,
    Dean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ knife and belt!   HJ knife and belt!  

HJ knife and belt!   HJ knife and belt!  

HJ knife and belt!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ knife and belt!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: HJ knife and belt!

Hello Dean
    The same grip is buggered on both knives. How did you plan on doing the repair? The new knife
    displays well.....I would leave it as it is.

Regards
    Brett

Buckle looks nice
    Ben

insane to even consider it IMHO

nice displays mate!

?

Nice HJ display

?

Thanks guys! I know it seems a pain in the a$$ but the small missing area of the handle on the better knife is present on the lesser knife. I could possibly cut out the piece if I try good enough.

?

Hello Dean
    Assuming that you could cut the piece out of the lesser knifes grip & graft it into the grip
    of the M7/37, you would still have to try to line up the grip pattern. I personally wouldn't
    attempt it as it could/would just make matters worse.

Regards
    Brett

?

I was thinking about that problem as well... Different maker, different grid pattern.. I guess I'll just leave it as is. Even if I found a complete grip plate for that side it would be hard to transfer without damaging the pins. That's why I thought splicing the two grips may be easier.

dean, there is a black and white image circulating the internet that shows a group of hj lads on the edge of a wood throwing their knifes into trees and there you can see in pretty high res 3 or 4 knifes in the tree one has a chunk of the grip missing in plain veiw!! try a google image search as it would look awesome printed and displayed with a damaged knife!

how do you know the grip wasnt done period? would honestly leave it mate as you will destroy its value again just my opinion mate as the knifes are yours!

atb Ewan

?

Hi Dean
    That is the safest course to follow. They are what they are & are best left alone. The display looks good so leave it at that.

Regards
    Brett

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast