Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

HJ Knife finaly here

Article about: Yeh very detailed and informative, I may end up buying a more complete example of him, I like the way he breaks dwn the knife, so you learn, then can go onto his site and buy with confidence

?

Default Re: HJ Knife finaly here

Yeh very detailed and informative, I may end up buying a more complete example of him, I like the way he breaks dwn the knife, so you learn, then can go onto his site and buy with confidence!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Knife finaly here
    P
    Many

Nice knife!

Paul at Lakeside Trader is a great dealer and an even better person. I'll be his customer for life!

HJ Knife finaly herehello fellow collectors
    I'm new to this site and not familiar with its functions never the less! I have a knife that my Grandad picked up some years ago,he was told it was a hitler youth knife issued around 1933,he was an avid coin collector primarily but would indulge me in militaria,he would use the british museum for id and valuation on various items.i dont know where the knife info came from,but someone suggested to me that the knife was post war! it may well be! i was hoping that someone with some insight on these knives may be able to enlighten me? the blade is marked solingen with the whale

Hi Toolooz,

I think it would be best to make a separate thread for your knife. If it says solingen, we can assume it's Germanic. However, it doesn't look anything like any HJ knife I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever seen the whale maker mark either. Make a new thread and I am sure you will get more responses!

It looks like a early commerical Richartz knife to me.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Thanks Eric

yeah i did discover that the whale mark is Richart,never the less thanks for the reply,i've also read stuff that suggests if the script is in english its not nazi or was made for export,it says solingen germany with the whale mark.it may well be some kind of scout knife as its obvious when you have it in your hand that its designed for a small hand!

Andy T

AMTG you done well as I like these early "No Ricasso" HJ daggers very much. Alot of early history with these! Altogether with the other items ,, it makes for a nice collection. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    AMTG you done well as I like these early "No Ricasso" HJ daggers very much. Alot of early history with these! Altogether with the other items ,, it makes for a nice collection. Regards Larry
    Larry i agree with you! AMTG your early hj knife didnt have the leather bung so its fine there too!

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Well this one was about AU 240 from klaus butscheck, not the prettiest knife out there, but heaps of character!!!
    I like them used - that's what they were made for. You can just imagine the Junger throwing the messer into the ground, or a tree trunk...

?

Wow thanks fellas! I'll stop looking or a leather bung now!!

Top info....thanks again....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast