Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

HJ leader tunic and its insignia

Article about: Looking good. Thanks for the update photos. Yes the straps were expensive, but try to find another set, not easy.

Default Re: HJ leader tunic and its insignia

Good to hear. Yes, I was quite struggling for some time, since the tabs were almost as expensive as the tunic itself. But well, I set my mind on that it has to be a Mittelland tunic, so I thought these were as good as it gets in the near future.
    I will definitely have a closer look at the triangle. Maybe I can get even more pics and post them here.
    Thanks for the advice again...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ leader tunic and its insignia
    P
    Many

I look forward to seeing some photos of the restored uniform.

Here the jacket itself for your consideration.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ leader tunic and its insignia   HJ leader tunic and its insignia  

...some other shots.

more details...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ leader tunic and its insignia   HJ leader tunic and its insignia  

Note that in the last pic the RZM tags have been removed sadly.

That's it. It is also missing the buttons in the back. From the holes in the fabric I supect them to be of the style with two metal prongs and a metal dish in on the backside. I hope I find a pair of these at some point. All the buttons are not RZM style but original to the tunic. It also came with two grey pebbled shoulder tab buttons with RZM markings.

...in case you were wondering, what kind of buttons I talked about: a quick visit at Stephan's Militaria in Soltau a couple of hours ago equipped me with a set of buttons!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ leader tunic and its insignia  

Any update on how the tunic restoration project is coming along?

Greetings!
    Well, I got all the stuff together. I attached the triangle, armband and the buttons in the back. Unfortunately I chickened out of cutting the shoulder seams open to attach these outrageously expensive shoulderboards
    So when I got more time I will make an attempt.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast