Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

HJ leader tunic and its insignia

Article about: Looking good. Thanks for the update photos. Yes the straps were expensive, but try to find another set, not easy.

Default Re: HJ leader tunic and its insignia

Looking good. Thanks for the update photos. Yes the straps were expensive, but try to find another set, not easy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ leader tunic and its insignia
    P
    Many

nice tunic , but what tells you it is for a youth leader

PAUL

Quote by PAUL AYERST View Post
    nice tunic , but what tells you it is for a youth leader

PAUL
    Paul, thanks for asking. I suspect you reckon otherwise.
    First of all, the seller offered it to me as an SA tunic, it had original SA collar tabs sewn on, which he admitted to have added himself.
    I also thought it might be an SA cavalry tunic in the beginning. Checking against the RZM manufacturing regulations, checking material, used hardware and linings, cuts and measurements I came to the result that the only tunic described by the RZM matching this very jacket is actually an HJ leader tunic.
    So there.
    But I would like to hear what your feelings and ideas are and why?

Hi I was thinking from t he pics that it might be org todt OR TRANSPEER as there are a few mint state tunics like this with folded cuffs around. Does your tunic show signs of previous insignia sewn on ?

PAUL

Here's a link to one that was shown on WAF to compare.

Hitler Youth Doctors Tunic - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

NOTED very similar. My comment not to cast doubt but bring forward other possibilities

Quote by PAUL AYERST View Post
    NOTED very similar. My comment not to cast doubt but bring forward other possibilities
    Right paul. I also noted the differences in the shape of the collar. On contemporary pictures however, I found several examples of a collar shaped like the one on my tunic. The seller also proposed Org.Todt as an option (he wasn't sure). I just could not find any generic Org.Todt or Transportgruppe Speer tunic that would match this cut. The tunic does not show any signs of old insignia as it does not show any signs of wear. Are there perhaps pictures of these mint tunics you mention for comparison? I'd love to see those.
    Regards!

sorry saw a few over the past year but no pics and none remaining on any site but doing a search on WAF may turn something up. One further note is ORG TODT and TRANSPEER is normally well stamped to these orgs

PAUL

How do I see the pics

Quote by wwmilitaria View Post
    I recently bought a near mint uniform tunic that I identified to be a HJ leader (when I bought it, it had a pair of SA collar tabs hand-sewn on though). Pictures of the tunic will be here in a while.

I am now looking for people who perhaps already own a leader tunic, complete or incomplete and would like to post pictures of their examples.
    I am about to invest some money in nice insignia in order to restore it, so I'd like to get some ideas and inspiration.
    So if someone has a tunic, I would love to see it!
    It is an SA tunic. The giveaway are the lower pockets. The SA version had pockets like yours whereas the HJ version had bellows pockets.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast