Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ leather knot. Opinions pls

Article about: Hi I believe this is an original HJ leather scarf knot. What I'm not very comfortable with is the fact that this one has 4 "stripes" and the ones I usually see only have 3. Am I wr

JMM
    ?

Default HJ leather knot. Opinions pls

Hi

I believe this is an original HJ leather scarf knot. What I'm not very comfortable with is the fact that this one has 4 "stripes" and the ones I usually see only have 3. Am I wrong? Opinions are most welcome. Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ  leather knot. Opinions pls   HJ  leather knot. Opinions pls  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ  leather knot. Opinions pls
    P
    Many

JMM
    ?

Default Re: HJ leather knot. Opinions pls

Anyone?

Is the knot RZM stamped on the leather or connected in the back by a metal brad? Sometimes these are difficult due to the fact they were used before, during, and after the period. You see many of these on EbayDE that may be modern or period, really tough to tell if they are not an RZM item. I don't know about the 3 versus 4 strands, but period photos show lots of different types of these knots in wear.

JMM
    ?

Quote by FrankBooth View Post
    Is the knot RZM stamped on the leather or connected in the back by a metal brad? Sometimes these are difficult due to the fact they were used before, during, and after the period. You see many of these on EbayDE that may be modern or period, really tough to tell if they are not an RZM item. I don't know about the 3 versus 4 strands, but period photos show lots of different types of these knots in wear.
    Hi
    Thank you for your reply. The first think I tryed was to look for the RZM but was unable to find it... I guess we'll always be on doubt, correct?

It's really difficult to tell if it's a period item without the RZM unfortunately. It looks good on the scarf for now, and if you keep searching you will find an RZM example one day that you have no doubts about. I've had two of these RZM knots before and the color of the one in your photo looks very similar to the ones I owned.

JMM
    ?

Quote by FrankBooth View Post
    It's really difficult to tell if it's a period item without the RZM unfortunately. It looks good on the scarf for now, and if you keep searching you will find an RZM example one day that you have no doubts about. I've had two of these RZM knots before and the color of the one in your photo looks very similar to the ones I owned.
    Thank you. If the one you had looks a bit like mine I feel a bit better and relieved.