Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ pennant B.D.M.

Article about: small HJ pennant (size is about 1' x 1' ) . B.D.M. is marked on the back . what does B.D.M. mean ? i know the pennant is for the hitler youth .

Default HJ pennant B.D.M.

small HJ pennant (size is about 1' x 1' ) . B.D.M. is marked on the back . what does B.D.M. mean ? i know the pennant is for the hitler youth .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ pennant  B.D.M.   HJ pennant  B.D.M.  

HJ pennant  B.D.M.   HJ pennant  B.D.M.  

HJ pennant  B.D.M.   HJ pennant  B.D.M.  

HJ pennant  B.D.M.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ pennant  B.D.M.
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ pennant B.D.M.

bdm means bund deutscher mädel - groop of german girls - but the pennant looks strange to me and i dont think it is real but wait for other oppinions

?

If this BDM pennant turns out to be authentic... and I'm sitting on the fence with this one as it could go either way... it would be a really lovely item to own. I'm absolutely certain that, while sifting through BDM photos some time ago I saw a pennant like this, but I can't remember now where I saw it and what it was being used for. HJ often had small pennants on their bicycles but this BDM pennant seems too large for that at 12 " long. It's more like a car pennant but I've never seen an official BDM car with pennants... I'm sure one of the experts will soon post their opinions and solve the puzzle. I'll be very jealous if it turns out to be real!! Cheers, Hansi

?

By the way... Ewan sold one a BDM pennant for £130 on this forum back in March... maybe he can give his opinion?

looks good to me, although the focus is out a little i like the center diamond and it looks to have the zigzag stich around it, closer fotos of the diamond and cloth would confirm ither way

also not a car pennant imo

?

What do you think these small pennants were used for Ewan? They were obviously attached to something by the two small loops... if it's not for a bicycle or a car... and it seems too small to have been used on any sort of flag pole... ???

?

BDM was also refered to by the hitler youth as "The leage of German mattreses"

?

Yes... well, apart from their official duties, I'm sure a lot of the BDM and HJ got together on many other occasions. Although this is drifting away from the original theme of this thread, it is amazing and very typical that the girls would be called all sorts of names, while, of course, the boys are just being boys... officially and unofficially!

Quote by Hansi View Post
    What do you think these small pennants were used for Ewan? They were obviously attached to something by the two small loops... if it's not for a bicycle or a car... and it seems too small to have been used on any sort of flag pole... ???
    hi mate i honestly dont know i have seen them loads of times been labeled bdm bicycle pennants because they are small like the hj bike pennants now period images confirms the hj version being used on the boys bicycle but i have never seen bdm/dj with them on a bike, but all the pannants are roughly the same size? i dont see why not a madel would not have that on a small piece of cane as thats what they used?? also i think your asking these questions on the wrong forum a member at hj has the dj/bdm ones in there collection maybe start a thread and ask them? never know what might turn up

Last edited by HJ-Collector; 11-09-2010 at 04:21 PM.

I would agree and say they were used by BDM on their bicycles.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast