Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

HJ Pennant , Opinions Requested

Article about: Hello to all any chance this time period?, feels very old, nothing glows under black light, thanks for looking.

Looks home made to me but it would take a great leap of faith to give it a construction date IMO

Doug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Pennant , Opinions Requested
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Migobeego View Post
    Maybe zacker can post a close up picture of the swas?
    hello, yes tomorrow, thanks to all for in put,

?

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    The materials do appear to be TR era, I just don't like the swas. It appears very clean, so maybe someone washed it and lightened the black swas. IDK
    thanks, a + to me if everybody is sure materials are TR era, seems to be a common practice, cleaning a item, some try to increase the value, I posted a Flakhelfers cap here a while back, everybody said it was good, a local collector & dealer I had him check it out he really examined it all over, even smelled it, black light it, said it had honest wear in the front, but he said it was professionally cleaned but a original cap.

?

Default close up HJ Swas.

Good morning, here they are, pics of both sides, as close as I can get, in hand, outside light, I would like to say, the white around swas. and the stripes don't appear to be any cleaner than the rest, I know some like to fake stains, a old tea bag trick(lol) to make items look legit or well used, while there is no wear around stains, seen this a lot on armbands & caps. Thanks to all for opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Pennant , Opinions Requested   HJ Pennant , Opinions Requested  

HJ Pennant , Opinions Requested   HJ Pennant , Opinions Requested  

Last edited by zacker; 04-20-2018 at 03:48 AM.

This pennant is certainly interesting. I agree with Doug, homemade, which if period is pretty cool in itself. The narrow and wide double stitching leads me to think there was no intent to deceive. Maybe it was a HJ homework assignment.

?

Thanks, was leaning toward homemade also, this last item of a grouping, everything else checked out good, buckles, guns, etc.

Just confirming what has already been said. Homemade, most likely TR era. Zacker my friend, enjoy this unique piece!

?

Quote by Migobeego View Post
    Just confirming what has already been said. Homemade, most likely TR era. Zacker my friend, enjoy this unique piece!
    thanks very much, I will.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2