Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ Pin Opinions

Article about: Hi, I bought this pin while I was in Germany a few years ago and was told it is original. I bought it at a market, so I have little proof that the dealer was legitimate or not. It seemed lik

?

Default HJ Pin Opinions

Hi,

I bought this pin while I was in Germany a few years ago and was told it is original. I bought it at a market, so I have little proof that the dealer was legitimate or not. It seemed like it at the time. The RZM marking is there and it even appears (to me at least) to have the Z with the line through it. What is strange is that the RZM stamping isn't exceptionally crisp along its bottom edge, but it does have the two concentric circles and the M is a part of it. The rear also does seem to have a good amount of age to it and overall it looks nice to me. The front of the pin seems to be of very good quality. It is smooth to the touch unlike on many cheap repros where the individual enamel pieces are roughly glued into place. I don't know much about the maker marks though (maybe Stuttgart?). Can anyone help me out please. Is this an original or a fake? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Pin Opinions   HJ Pin Opinions  

HJ Pin Opinions   HJ Pin Opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Pin Opinions
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ Pin Opinions

Hi' going by the pictures it looks spot on f.zimmermann std hj badge.you are correct about the town.it would be nice to here afew other opinions. cheers paul

?

Hey Thanks Paul! Would like to see what everyone else thinks as well. Also, would this be the type of pin worn on the uniform or hat? Or is there even any difference? I ask, because I have an original hat with a pin that is slightly different. It is designed in a way so that the pin almost swivels side to side.
    Thanks!

Nick

Hi Nick, it looks fine to me.

These were used both on the cap and the uniform.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hey thanks Ade! That info really helps out alot. Really appreciate it!

my opinion : Original !! no problem with this pin

?

Is there anything other than the smooth front and proper RZM stamp to look for on these? Just curious. Thanks!

Quote by jaeger View Post
    Is there anything other than the smooth front and proper RZM stamp to look for on these? Just curious. Thanks!
    Look at the pattern of the dots on the front, and good ones always have a thin swaz. that looks a little crooked compared to the square it sits on.

?

So do the dots and swastika look ok on this one? The swastika doesn't appear to be crooked or anything. When you mentioned the dots, what exactly does one look for? Should they be tightly packed like that? Sorry for all the questions. This is a learning experience for me...
    Thanks!

Dots look good. Just look at some bad pins and you will see what I mean about the dots. Look at the swaz and it's background closely, then look at a known fake. You will see the differnces comparing them side by side. I'm no expert, but these are just things I have noticed. Study some known fakes like the colored diamond pins.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast