Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

HJ Raute in Blue.

Article about: Hi Chaps. Is this HJ Raute in blue real? Its certainly nicely marked Otto Hoffmann and Ges Gesch to the reverse, but no RZM markings. Would appreciate your thoughts chaps. Cheers Mark

Default Re: HJ Raute in Blue.

Many collectors, myself included years ago, have been taken on these odd colored H.J. badges. Pure fantasy items. Do a search of this forum for that maker mark "Otto Hoffman" and "colored H.J. member pins" and you will find a lot of examples of these odd colored badges almost always marked with this maker mark. Jo has shown a period advertisement from Otto Hoffman, but the advertisement only mentions cloth items not metal insignia. To my knowledge there has yet to be shown any mention of a color variance in the H.J. member badges in period regulations or documents, and I doubt there ever will be one found as it just does not exist.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Raute in Blue.
    P
    Many

Thanks everyone for all your comments and knowledge its really appreciated.
    The guy that owns it can have it back.
    Cheers

I shall put mine under the hammer.

bad fakes, old otto hoffers fake pins originaly had coffin shaped pin pates but this was caught onto so they done a bit better round ones and took a few thousand more collectors, found in translucent enamel and solid opaque, the faker never thought to research what the Real Otto Hoffmann made! which wasnt badges but cloth items i believe!

been around for years so are found damaged and look ''old'' proof that all that shines isnt gold

Quote by FrankBooth View Post
    Many collectors, myself included years ago, have been taken on these odd colored H.J. badges. Pure fantasy items. Do a search of this forum for that maker mark "Otto Hoffman" and "colored H.J. member pins" and you will find a lot of examples of these odd colored badges almost always marked with this maker mark. Jo has shown a period advertisement from Otto Hoffman, but the advertisement only mentions cloth items not metal insignia. To my knowledge there has yet to be shown any mention of a color variance in the H.J. member badges in period regulations or documents, and I doubt there ever will be one found as it just does not exist.
    oops i really should read all replys first lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2