Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

I need a specific use id. Is this HJ small flag an encampment flag or how would it typically be used?

Article about: Hi all, Today I picked up this nice small HJ flag at an area meet. So far I cannot find any photos or specific documentation on the internet where it typically would be used. My guess is it

?

Smile I need a specific use id. Is this HJ small flag an encampment flag or how would it typically be used?

Hi all,
    Today I picked up this nice small HJ flag at an area meet. So far I cannot find any photos or specific documentation on the internet where it typically would be used. My guess is it would have been used in the field at an encampment. It is 13 1/2 in. Long and 12.5 in. Wide with flagpole connector rings and extra re enforcement stitching at both ends of the stress points near the connector rings. It is well made and designed for dealing with the weather elements. It seems too small to be used in a parade.

Does anyone have a specific id for a typical use for this size HJ flag?

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I need a specific  use  id.  Is this HJ small flag an encampment flag or how would it typically be used?   I need a specific  use  id.  Is this HJ small flag an encampment flag or how would it typically be used?  

I need a specific  use  id.  Is this HJ small flag an encampment flag or how would it typically be used?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I need a specific  use  id.  Is this HJ small flag an encampment flag or how would it typically be used?
    P
    Many

It is not HJ but Studentbund
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Tnx. Ok it is studentbund. My question still is the same. The Germans were big on physical fitness for children. Did studentbunds also have encampments? It looks like it was made to deal with the weather elements.

John

CBH
    ?

Could it have been used as a car pendant ? The square shape and the heavy material .

?

It is interesting you mention that possibility. The fellow I bought it from wasn't sure but also thought it might be a vehicle pennant. He was disposing of some of his father's collection of Nazi items and wasn't into collecting. I disagreed as I have several Nazi pennants, DDAC, NSKK, party, etc. and this item is significantly larger and to me looks more like a flag. This same design for a vehicle pennant could have been done at half this physical size. As a vehicle pennant the wind resistance traveling 40-50 mph would be significant. There also is evidence of what appears to be water spot staining in the horizontal white striped portions of the item on both side. But there is no water spot staining on the white vertical mounting portion containing the rope and connectors. It definitely has seen outdoor use but has not faded. Anything is possible. I wasn't there when any of these items were made.

That's why I searched the internet looking for a picture which showed this item being used. I'm sure I'm not the only collector who has this item. Maybe somebody who has one like it will post his opinion as to typical use. For now I'm thinking it's either a small group's encampment flag or maybe a guidon when a small group is marching. However it was used I would like to see a period photo of it.

Tnx. for your reply.

John

CBH
    ?

It's an interesting flag , Studentbund items don't seem to be all that common . I have a lapel pin , I'll have to post it sometime .
    And with the way the nazi party decked out everything in flags and banners , it could be anything from a small boat flag to a mountain climbers pennant .

?

That's right. One hopefully possibly is because the Nazis also were very big on documentation, somewhere this item was documented including maybe with a color picture and size measurements. Of course, it probably would say only "Studentbund".

John