Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Just got this unusual HJ fanfare banner...opinions?

Article about: I just picked up this fanfare banner from a private party. Has anyone seen one like it? It is in very good condition and blacklight tests OK. On the HJ board, a member translated the maker a

Bluethunder
    ?

Default Just got this unusual HJ fanfare banner...opinions?

Just got this unusual HJ fanfare banner...opinions?Just got this unusual HJ fanfare banner...opinions?Just got this unusual HJ fanfare banner...opinions?Just got this unusual HJ fanfare banner...opinions?I just picked up this fanfare banner from a private party. Has anyone seen one like it? It is in very good condition and blacklight tests OK. On the HJ board, a member translated the maker as Tha Calico Manufactury located in Southern Germany near Austria. I believe the town is Heistenhelm at the Brenz. All the writing is embroidered and the fringe is some kind of metal.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Just got this unusual HJ fanfare banner...opinions?

My concern regarding this piece is that it is an unknown design, which is likely fantasy. By 1935, I would expect a trumpet banner such as this would conform to standard RZM patterns.
    The construction is not what I would expect from a period piece.
    The black light test is still valid but for many years, the fakers have learned to use material that does not react positively to the black light. In reverse, period items can glow if exposed to modern cleaners.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

it is a pakistan fantasy flag

Bluethunder
    ?

I posted this also on the HJ Forum and several of the regulars seemed to beleive it to be authentic. Now I don't know what to believe. Is there anyway to validate the authenticity of such an item. For example, how would a person find out if it came from Pakistan?

look a bit around there are some sellers who sell the pakistan stuff like the ss trumpet banner and so on, and you see this version from time to time on fairs, ioffer or online traders and the oak leafes dont match the time as this woud be something different, i can just tell what i see but if im on the right side for this one i dont know and last but not least this is your decission if you like it or not and if you think it is a real one but my guess is that this one is a loveley and nice dekoration but not a real one

What are the credentials and experience level of those who think it is authentic? This does not meet any known pattern. There are also many red flags. If this is a genuine period piece, it would astound me. One of the bad things about the internet is the fact that opinions can be had without any valid back up for the position.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    What are the credentials and experience level of those who think it is authentic? This does not meet any known pattern. There are also many red flags. If this is a genuine period piece, it would astound me. One of the bad things about the internet is the fact that opinions can be had without any valid back up for the position.
    exact, no one can tell this better, it is a nice decoration but not a real one as there are so many wrong things and the bigest nono is the oak leafs

i didnt like this days ago when i seen it on the hj forum.

from what the pictures shown said this certainly had possibilities but everyone wanted to see more detailed pics as there are few on the HJ forum who can give positive information on these including myself so thanks to the experts here with the superior pics now seen