Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Landdienst der HJ - cuff title

Article about: Stumbled across this cuff title tonight. I think I could get this one for \\$130. I've looked at other examples closely, and it about matches them perfectly. There's one spot of threading on t

Default Landdienst der HJ - cuff title

Stumbled across this cuff title tonight which I think I could get for $130. I've looked at other examples closely, and it about matches them perfectly on the front. There's some areas of threading on the reverse that aren't like the examples I found (one circled in red below). Not sure if we'd expect every cuff title of a type to have identical thread patterns on the reverse? I thought it would be wise to post the photos here before even considering it any further.

Thanks for any feedback!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Landdienst der HJ - cuff title
    P
    Many

Not my usual field, but it looks pretty much textbook to me, from these photos. Worth picking up at that price. The CG is asking 3 times that much for their example-and it doesn't have a tag...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

looks a nice original to me.

Thanks guys! I appreciate it.

Quick question about cuff titles in general. When I looked this one over before posting it, it was apparent to me the base material, thread material, front pattern to the weave, and front details were all spot on, as well as the RZM tag looked good. It was the back threading where the machine would jump from stitch to stitch that didn't quite match up.

Is it more important for us to look at the material and weave style, and detail than it is for every stitch and thread pattern to match exactly from one piece to another? It looks like I knew the answer on this ones originality, but may have been over thinking it.

I've seen various kinds of materials used with these-from ribbon style ribbed material to woven style materials. The stitching on this one is one that I've seen on other examples, and I would not worry overly about it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."