Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Late war screen printed HJ armband.

Article about: by Kurt Meyer I agree I don't like it.. And blacklight test don't work allways, if you have a item that will glow under UV it is possible that it has been washed after the war with detergent

Default Late war screen printed HJ armband.

Gday all,
    Recieved this late war screen printed HJ armband today.
    Has been cut but no stiching is present.

Late war screen printed HJ armband.Late war screen printed HJ armband.

Would anyone know in what year the screen printed examples were first issued? 43-44?
    Any opinions on this armband would be fantastic.
    Thanks and all the best.
    Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Late war screen printed HJ armband.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Late war screen printed HJ armband.

Sorry Dave, I don't like it all.

I think you will find there were specific RZM rules banning the manufacture of these.

I would return it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade,
    It,s good to be back on line after some difficult family issues over the last 6 weeks or so.
    Thanks for the reply mate.
    Purchased this item off Bill Shea at The Ruputured Duck.
    This is Bill's description of the item,
    "This is a very lightweight example, with printed white diamond, strip and black swastika onto the red cloth field. The edges are unfinished and the ends are not sewn together. There is some very minor discoloration to the white areas of the armband. We have a few examples of this interesting armband in stock!"
    Interesting one alright.Would have assumed it good from this seller.
    As a note were not the manufacturing standards of the RZM slackened right off late in the war to accommodate emergency production?
    All the best
    Dave

PS Happy birthday for the other week mate.
    Last edited by Thanatos; 06-02-2012 at 12:45 AM. Reason: greeting

Bill is very good at taking things back. He is a top notch dealer. Everyone at one time or another will have something slip through the cracks.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you for the advice Bob and Ade, I will get in contact with Bill and sort something out.He has another listed at present at the same price,which was not great.
    Thank you gentlemen both.
    All the best
    Dave

Bill and I have a long standing business and personal friendship. I sent him an email with a link to this thread. I received this response:
    bought a large bolt of these directly from the son of the vet who brought these home. There were about 120 on the bolt. I’ve had them on the site for years and sold about 50 of them.

"Junior, I don’t make stories up. These are 1000% original. I would stake my reputation on them. I bought approximately 200 other pieces of insignia from the same source. He got into a tailor’s place."

Bill calls me "Junior" as he is two days older than me. I call him "Pops." I agree that Bill does not make things up and I believe his tale of how these were aquired. For me, this is the first credible proof that these printed armbands exisited in period. They were possibly made for use on a field uniform as more HJ were enlisted in to full time military service. There is also a theory that these printed versions were destined for foreign HJ units. I hope this clarification meets your approval.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks for the clarification Bob,greatly appreciated mate.
    Certainly an interesting piece and worth some further investigation for sure.
    It's also the first of it's type I have ever seen.
    Thanks again for your time and effort Bob in chasing this one up,
    something new to ponder over.
    All the best mate
    Dave

Interesting! You learn something everyday.

Not that it seems you need to Dave, but have you tried a black light test?

I agree I don't like it.. And blacklight test don't work allways, if you have a item that will glow under UV it is possible that it has been washed after the war with detergent?

?

Quote by Kurt Meyer View Post
    if you have a item that will glow under UV it is possible that it has been washed after the war with detergent?
    Yes KM, that is possible. I believe that the construction and material of these Kampfbinden is the issue here though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast