Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Late war screen printed HJ armband.

Article about: by Kurt Meyer I agree I don't like it.. And blacklight test don't work allways, if you have a item that will glow under UV it is possible that it has been washed after the war with detergent

Default Re: Late war screen printed HJ armband.

Quote by Kurt Meyer View Post
    I agree I don't like it.. And blacklight test don't work allways, if you have a item that will glow under UV it is possible that it has been washed after the war with detergent?
    That's why you should never wash your hunting attire in detergents.Most game species will pick up the detergent glow in/on your garments.
    Thanks for all the reply's fellas
    Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Late war screen printed HJ armband.
    P
    Many

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Interesting! You learn something everyday.

Not that it seems you need to Dave, but have you tried a black light test?
    Hi Glen,
    Mate I have much to learn,very much indeed.
    That's why Iam here with you good gentlemen.
    Cheers mate
    Dave

If Bill Shea and Bob Coleman are good with it, that's sufficient for me.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Research done by Jo on the HJ forum shows a catalog from Bernhard Richter in the time period of 1933 that shows and describes a printed armband. It is listed along with multi piece examples in the publication and priced at about half of what the multi piece examples are priced at. The catalog shows anyway that these are not "late war" as often described, but very early versions according to Jo's research, and the photos of the catalog that Jo shows that include descriptions and prices. A member has also posted a photo that clearly shows a printed armband being worn by a very early HJ member who wears a first pattern visor type cap with round member badge. You must be a member there to see the article and photos.

Here is a link to the discussion on that forum along with additional commentary by Jo regarding his research.

Let's talk about printed HJ armbands - Hitler Youth Forum

There is also a research article there titled "Printed Armbands, The Truth" written by Jo, where Jo shows the catalog and some translations for those who don't read German.

Hitler Youth Forum - HJ DJ BDM and JM

I think it is based upon a guess when these are described as a "late war" item IMO after reading Jo's research and seeing the photo that Albert has shown there. One of those items that became labeled as "late war" by someone a long time ago assuming that cheap construction and materials meant they were made during the time of war shortages on materials and labor and the label stuck. We know there are specific regulations against the wearing and manufacture of printed armbands, and I think it's entirely possible these were put in place by the RZM to stop the practice of manufacturing and wearing of printed armbands and NOT to stop the introduction of them after seeing this research. Very interesting food for thought, I encourage members to read for yourself and decide.

A very good arguement for these being early and not late as long thought. It seems as though the theory for them being late is the majority of examples found are unissued. It makes perfect sense that once regulations came in to place banning the wear of printed pieces, they were put away as Germans of that period never threw anything out. Thank you so much for a most informative post. Even today, much of collecting is based on passed down collector lore that was never based on facts.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks gent's for your reply's.
    Have been following the HJ forum off and on over re printed armbands and these guy's are doing a fabulous job in researching these somewhat controversial items.
    Well done to them all for their great work.
    Cheers again all and thanks for posting the link Frank.
    Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2