Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Leistungsabzeichen der HJ Silver M1/101

Article about: Opinions on this item appreciated

?

Default Leistungsabzeichen der HJ Silver M1/101

Opinions on this item appreciated

Leistungsabzeichen der HJ Silver M1/101Leistungsabzeichen der HJ Silver M1/101Leistungsabzeichen der HJ Silver M1/101

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Leistungsabzeichen der HJ Silver M1/101
    P
    Many

I believe this one is okay. I do hold some belief in what Joe has posted on the HJ forum about fakes and I think the construction process had to be fairly common between makers. If I see this general shape of a side view, it makes me more comfortable.
    Besides, the issue number is on the same side as one of mine from this maker and the RZM and maker mark appear the same.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi, Wow visor, that was fast. There must be something more to the "s" marks found on some of these. In the post on the other forum, the person doing all this "research", was upset of the construction of the S marked pieces, deeming them fake. This has to be, not right, as I own own one, in silver, that does not have the S mark, but is made the same way as the one he tore apart. It is a RZM 1/34. The one you have just posted, looks fine. Look at the side, the way you would an EK, to see the way it is made. We know for sure that they were made in more that one way, Weather this has anything to do with authenticity, or how it relates to a S mark, we dont know for sure. In the meantime, Im sure we will hear all kinds of theories, made up by people that dont know either.

Quote by KEVIN23 View Post
    This has to be, not right, as I own own one, in silver, that does not have the S mark, but is made the same way as the one he tore apart.
    How do you know that, did you take a torch to yours, or did you tear the sheet plating off of the reverse?

Quote by KEVIN23 View Post
    We know for sure that they were made in more that one way,
    I would like to know how you know that also.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Kevin, here is mine for reference
    It does lack the details in my eyes.

Leistungsabzeichen der HJ Silver M1/101Leistungsabzeichen der HJ Silver M1/101Leistungsabzeichen der HJ Silver M1/101Leistungsabzeichen der HJ Silver M1/101Leistungsabzeichen der HJ Silver M1/101

Quote by visor View Post
    Kevin, here is mine for reference
    It does lack the details in my eyes.

This photo shows what appears to be a different appearance at the side, almost a casting seam.
    Ralph.

?

Has anyone read the Clyde Davis article?

Hi, I am commenting on the relation of "s" mark and construction. The assumption that the "s" marked ones are made different is wrong, and that they are fake, is exactly that, an assumption. A seam could mean cast, or.... two part construction. Taking a blow torch to items in question is not how I choose to authenticate a piece. By doing so, we have found, authentic or not, they were made in more than one way. The same result would be discovered with a loupe.

Hi, Where would one find this article by Clyde Davis? I am not saying that there are not fakes of these, as there are fakes of most everything worth anything, Im just saying until certain, its a guess. We might be on the right path, but we are not there yet.

?

Not quite ready to torch mine yet.

New one will be on the way soon, so not a problem on my end......i will still display mine in the cabinet. You never know what new info can be lying about.

On the hj forum some guys said they had theirs for 40 some years, how much did these cost in the seventies? Any profit margin in these?
    Was this just someone's idea of a joke? Was it a sample made in Pakistan? Stupidest forger ever to add an s?

I have no answers at the moment, but it is worth the price of the badge just to be involved in the mystery.

I did find some moulds from the seventies in a flea market once, something like 10 medals in a round wooden mould. Pour the metal in the side, and voila......anything your heart desires.

So make a mental note to report to the forum if you run across any information, bad or good about this S marking mystery.

Have the issue numbers for these ever come up on another badge?

If you took apart an original would it be the same? I never have seen this done, nor wish to see it.

Can two manufacturers switch to the same manufacturing method at the same time, and would not this be recorded somewhere?

Why did they not silver the backs?

Why add a stupid frigin S?

Why can't we all just get along? Lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast