Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Named BDM Kletterjacke

Article about: A 5 or 6 year old in the BDM? I thought the age minimum was 10? "Jungmädel, or Young Girls League, for girls ages 10 to 14, and the League proper for girls ages 14 to 18" Bund Deut

Default Named BDM Kletterjacke

I've had this Kletterjacke for a while, but I was recently looking through it and inside the lower right pocket is sewn the name "Margret Ehlers" The jacket is a very small size, so who ever wore it must have been quite young. Which means the chances of her still being alive are much higher

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me research the name! I've never done it before.

All insignia is period applied. Incase you can't read the district triangle, it's
    "Nord Niedersachsen"

Named BDM KletterjackeNamed BDM KletterjackeNamed BDM Kletterjacke

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named BDM Kletterjacke
    P
    Many

Default Re: Named BDM Kletterjacke

I rember seeing a BDM Ausweiss with the name Margaret Ehlers. Also there was a BDM leader in the Spanish HJ with that name.
    Doesnt help as it is probably a common name surname. Have you tried the HJ forum?

Nice jacket
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

It is a nice jacket. I like named items.

I think the biggest problem here would be it is a girls name: most women marry and this makes it much harder to find her easily today.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    I rember seeing a BDM Ausweiss with the name Margaret Ehlers. Also there was a BDM leader in the Spanish HJ with that name.
    Doesnt help as it is probably a common name surname. Have you tried the HJ forum?

Nice jacket
    Thank you! Your right, Ehlers is a pretty common Surname... I've heard it a few times. Hmm, I wonder if that Ausweiss you saw was from the same person?
    I actually bought this from a guy on the HJ forum, but I don't think he knew it was named. If I wouldn't have looked at the inside of the pockets neither would I.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It is a nice jacket. I like named items.

I think the biggest problem here would be it is a girls name: most women marry and this makes it much harder to find her easily today.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks! I like named items too!

I hadn't even thought about that... Good point though, that will make it tough.

Also I wanted to ask about the district triangle. Nord Niedersachsen, that would be North Lower Saxony, right?

Quote by Wehrmacht39 View Post
    Also I wanted to ask about the district triangle. Nord Niedersachsen, that would be North Lower Saxony, right?
    Yes with Bremen being the main city

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Ok, Thank you!

*New info* After some research here is what I found out. Margret was born on July 15 1938 in Bad-Oldesloe. She died on April 24 1945 (Cause unknown) just 14 days before the surrender of Germany. She was only 6 years old. Her age fits the jacket perfectly, it's very small! I was sad to find out that she died at such a young age... It's nice to know the history of the jacket though

Well done on the research.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast