Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Named BDM Kletterjacke

Article about: A 5 or 6 year old in the BDM? I thought the age minimum was 10? "Jungmädel, or Young Girls League, for girls ages 10 to 14, and the League proper for girls ages 14 to 18" Bund Deut

Default Re: Named BDM Kletterjacke

A 5 or 6 year old in the BDM? I thought the age minimum was 10?
    "Jungmädel, or Young Girls League, for girls ages 10 to 14, and the League proper for girls ages 14 to 18"
    Bund Deutscher Mädel - The League of German Girls
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named BDM Kletterjacke
    P
    Many

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    A 5 or 6 year old in the BDM? I thought the age minimum was 10?
    "Jungmädel, or Young Girls League, for girls ages 10 to 14, and the League proper for girls ages 14 to 18"
    Bund Deutscher Mädel - The League of German Girls
    Thats exactly what I thought

I wonder if he meant 16 years old ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Thats exactly what I thought

I wonder if he meant 16 years old ?

Nick
    If it was the girl he listed, she was nearly 7 when she died (born July 1938 & died April 1945), so probably the wrong girl and more research will be needed.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Bond View Post
    If it was the girl he listed, she was nearly 7 when she died (born July 1938 & died April 1945), so probably the wrong girl and more research will be needed.
    Being born in 1928 would make more sense

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

nice jacket none the less

I agree, a 6 year old would have been too young for the BDM. I also agree that the jacket is a nice original item. Difficult to track down the exact user of an item like this, unless purchased with some sort of period photos showing the specific item or ID documents.

Hi guys!
    I was thinking the same thing (6 year old too young for BDM). But it says she was from Bad-Oldesloe and that matches the area of the sleve triangle, well at least very close. I guess it could be just a coincidence? Something else I found out that seemed odd was that she rests at the military cemetery in Bad-Oldesloe. Would they bury someone so young at a military cemetery? Is it possible that Volkbund mistakenly put 1938 as her birth date instead of 1928?? Seems unlikely but who knows....

Quote by Wehrmacht39 View Post
    Hi guys!
    I was thinking the same thing (6 year old too young for BDM). But it says she was from Bad-Oldesloe and that matches the area of the sleve triangle, well at least very close. I guess it could be just a coincidence? Something else I found out that seemed odd was that she rests at the military cemetery in Bad-Oldesloe. Would they bury someone so young at a military cemetery? Is it possible that Volkbund mistakenly put 1938 as her birth date instead of 1928?? Seems unlikely but who knows....
    Very unlikely BDM girls or Hitler Youth were buried in military cemeteries unless they were maybe buried alongside a fallen father

Nick

The Mystery goes on..... Anyway though, thanks for all your help guys!

Hello, its clearly a Jacket for the Jung Madel going on the size hence the BDM AND JM on the buttons, so there is no problem with Kletterweste belonging to a 6 year old !

very nice item!

Ewan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast