Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A New Addition, Sud Wurttemberg

Article about: This is a new addition to my small HJ collection. I have a photo of my mother wearing this patch so I wanted to aquire one. I hope you like it. Ralph. My new patch.

Default Re: A New Addition, Sud Wurttemberg

Hi Ralph, a quick look shows that she may have been a member of Maddelgruppe 119 Stutgart. The Maddel Gruppenwimpel would show a number something like this #/119. I'll check further and see if any of the Gruppe are closer to the village but so far that's the closest one I've found. Sometimes it's difficult as the names have changed but this is a good possibility. It's more difficult to narrow down the individual unit numbers but sometimes Wim has this information. Hopefully he will be able to expand or correct what I have found out.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A New Addition, Sud Wurttemberg
    P
    Many

Thanks very much Darin!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hey Darin,

Could this be possible? Sigmaringen is in the middle of the Schwäbischer Alb. I think it would be more logical
    the group this Hohentengen may have belonged to was 435, as this was named "Schwäbischer Alb"!

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Hey Darin,

Could this be possible? Sigmaringen is in the middle of the Schwäbischer Alb. I think it would be more logical
    the group this Hohentengen may have belonged to was 435, as this was named "Schwäbischer Alb"!
    Thank you so much Wilhelm!
    I spoke to her today and she said it is sooo long ago, she does not remember. She also said she did not think it was Stuttgart.
    Thank you again,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hey Darin,

Yes Wim, that makes more sense. I was hoping you would look here and comment.

Quote by FrankBooth View Post
    Yes Wim, that makes more sense. I was hoping you would look here and comment.
    Don't tell anybody but, I sent him a pm and asked for his opinion on this thread.
    Ralph.

Hello,

Stuttgart it is in no way! But when I checked my material I have to re-consider if Hohentengen even was 435.
    For that we need a Bann-plan to know for sure. I explain:
    In an official list from 1940 it was stated that for 430 (Donautal) the headquarters were at Sigmaringen. Looking
    on a map however I see that Hohentengen even was closer to Saulgau, which was "Bussen" (433) with its headquarters
    at Saulgau. As said to know for sure an official Bann-plan is needed!
    435 was much more to the north at Münsingen (between Reutlingen and Ulm). So, this it can't be at all!

Hello,

Stuttgart it is in no way! But when I checked my material I have to re-consider if Hohentengen even was 435.
    For that we need a Bann-plan to know for sure. I explain:
    In an official list from 1940 it was stated that for 430 (Donautal) the headquarters were at Sigmaringen. Looking
    on a map however I see that Hohentengen even was closer to Saulgau, which was "Bussen" (433) with its headquarters
    at Saulgau. As said to know for sure an official Bann-plan is needed!
    435 was much more to the north at Münsingen (between Reutlingen and Ulm). So, this it can't be at all!
    Hello Wilhelm,
    Thank you for that information. Now there is a familiar name, my brother was born in Saulgau.
    Ralph.
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-05-2013 at 05:54 PM.

very nice family history Ralph! even better that your bevo triangle looks worn/used in the same places as your mothers did on her uniform

Thank you Ewan!
    I am very happy to have been able to aquire this one. It is the only one that I have been looking for.
    Ralph.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2