Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions needed on 1936 HJ Victor's Badge...

Article about: Hi all, I received this badge in a lot that included several swords and daggers, all genuine, so I'd like to know if this too is authentic. I cannot find an example of the 1936 Reichessieger

?

Default Opinions needed on 1936 HJ Victor's Badge...

Hi all,

I received this badge in a lot that included several swords and daggers, all genuine, so I'd like to know if this too is authentic. I cannot find an example of the 1936 Reichessieger version of this badge anywhere in order to compare so I'd like to get some opinions from the forum. I can provide additional photos if needed.

Opinions needed on 1936 HJ Victor's Badge...Opinions needed on 1936 HJ Victor's Badge...Opinions needed on 1936 HJ Victor's Badge...Opinions needed on 1936 HJ Victor's Badge...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I collect WW2 German Medals.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions needed on 1936 HJ Victor's Badge...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinions needed on 1936 HJ Victor's Badge...

Dreadful ! Reichssieger is even spelt wrong

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I agree that it is a poor quality reproduction. Imagine the time and effort wasted in making this badge and then making such a basic error as a spelling error. This was not made by the brightest bulb in the pack.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

the white enamel of the body of the badge itself should not so closely match the white in the HJ emblem.

all the spaces between the teeth in the gear should be cut out. in this example they are not cut out near the eagle's talons.

looking from the back of the badge, too many teeth of the cog are visible below the body of the badge (the cog seems to be attached to low).

the font for the date doesn't look like originals.

the hardware is wrong.

the top of the HJ emblem should be seated exactly between and touching the eagles talons. here there is a space between the eagle's left talon and the
    left border of the HJ emblem.

the spelling error previously noted.

it's all bad.

i don't put myself out as an expert on these but just comparing this badge to a couple of originals.

?

Thanks guys! This is exactly why I posted here. Thankfully I paid only for the daggers and swords in the lot, not this badge. Can't believe I missed the spelling error though. Had I noticed that I wouldn't have bothered even posting it. Then again, its always good to have examples of reproductions here on the forum as well as originals in order to compare.

Thanks again!