Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please ID this pin - HJ?

Article about: by militarymania certainly is different,,maybe it was used to put on HJ bugles due to the curved wing effect and no visible means of attachment Hi its my opinion too Cheers

Default Please ID this pin - HJ?

I got this pin just because I thought it looked nice, but now I'd like to know what it was used for. There is no catch on the back, so I'm not sure how it would be mounted on anything. Thanks!

It is marked RZM M1/47 on the back side. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please ID this pin - HJ?   Please ID this pin - HJ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please ID this pin - HJ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Please ID this pin - HJ?

It's a HJ Prussian Eagle. "The Collector's Guild" has an example for sale on their site as well The Collector's Guild

Not seen that before, very interesting

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Something bothered me here and i think, Collectors Guilt is wrong in its description.
    1. The prussian eagle looks to the left side, this one to right side.
    2. The HJ never ows a pin like this. If you search in Hitler Youth Forum they dont mention. The german book "Heering-Hüsken: Catalog of german organisation insignias 1871 - 1945" dont show something like this one, not even in unknown section. And this book is the best in market.
    3. M1/47 stays for Christian Theodore Dicke from Lüdenscheid. The Reichszeugmeisterei RZM started licensing end of 1933. That means, this pin should be made in 1933 or after. But then HJ used only the well known signs.
    4. There is no needle or something to stick. Not provided or broken. Maybe this pin is a sample Dicke likes to produce but never come to market.

Not familiar with the actual pin, but here is a thread with the same eagle depicted Hitler Youth and infantry certificates and badges Lot - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

certainly is different,,maybe it was used to put on HJ bugles due to the curved wing effect and no visible means of attachment

Quote by militarymania View Post
    maybe it was used to put on HJ bugles due to the curved wing effect and no visible means of attachment
    i would 100% agree with that

It is a prussian style eagle, and the collectors guild have not got it wrong. It was used on the German Miners Dress visor cap.

That Eagle is essentially identical to the insignia on the HJ helmet that became available earlier this year. With the help of Anders, I was fortunate to be able to buy the helmet. The pamphlet came with it, and the insignia is the same. I don't know alot about metal badges, but this one looks good to me. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please ID this pin - HJ?   Please ID this pin - HJ?  

Please ID this pin - HJ?   Please ID this pin - HJ?  

That Eagle is essentially identical to the insignia on the HJ helmet that became available earlier this year. I don't know alot about metal badges, but this one looks good to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast