Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Question about HJ leather knots

Article about: Appart from one beeing much newer and bigger than the other, could you please reconfirm if (as I'm almost sure) they're both original? My main question is about the "4 stripes" tha

JMM
    ?

Default Question about HJ leather knots

Appart from one beeing much newer and bigger than the other, could you please reconfirm if (as I'm almost sure) they're both original?
    My main question is about the "4 stripes" that one has...
    Thanks for your time

Question about HJ leather knots Question about HJ leather knots

Question about HJ leather knots

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question about HJ leather knots
    P
    Many

I believe they are called togglesand where used postwar by the boy scouts and girl guides all over the world.

- - Updated - -

should be[ toggles and]

That's the trouble with these "Knoten"...they are still used by the German Boy Scouts today...I know this because I was a member of the DPSG (Deutsche Pfadfinderschaft St. Georg) and wore one myself...
    cheers, Glenn

JMM
    ?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    That's the trouble with these "Knoten"...they are still used by the German Boy Scouts today...I know this because I was a member of the DPSG (Deutsche Pfadfinderschaft St. Georg) and wore one myself...
    cheers, Glenn
    And it's exactly like these? No changes were made? The smaller knot was familly purchased and came with the scarf and summer cap, so I'm sure it's original. As I said my main doubt was about the bigger one.
    Thank you for your replies

Absolutely identical...thus the dilemma.
    cheers, Glenn

Some knots have a steel stud holding them together on the reverse and an RZM stamp. IMO these are the only ones that can we can be absolutely certain were period made. As said this style knot was in use before the war and still in use today.

The smaller knot could be HJ, but the bigger one has no age at all and looks to have been made recently!...

?

I seem to remember somewhere in the long and distant past that the three strand knotten denoted ''third Reich'', whether this is true ,I was never able to confirm but somehow it makes some sort of silly sense????

Quote by FrankBooth View Post
    Some knots have a steel stud holding them together on the reverse and an RZM stamp. IMO these are the only ones that can we can be absolutely certain were period made. As said this style knot was in use before the war and still in use today.
    agreed here!

a period 4 strand HalstuchKnoten i used to own.

it was lighter cream coloured and as hard as Krupps Steel !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question about HJ leather knots