Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question on HJ pennant and HJ cap for $50

Article about: Hello everyone, I picked up this two sided HJ pennant and a summer cap with the RZM tag still in it for \\$50. I was wondering if some of you know a little information behind the insignia on b

Default Question on HJ pennant and HJ cap for $50

Hello everyone,
    I picked up this two sided HJ pennant and a summer cap with the RZM tag still in it for $50. I was wondering if some of you know a little information behind the insignia on both items and how much each item might be worth?
    Question on HJ pennant and HJ cap for Question on HJ pennant and HJ cap for Question on HJ pennant and HJ cap for Question on HJ pennant and HJ cap for Question on HJ pennant and HJ cap for Question on HJ pennant and HJ cap for

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question on HJ pennant and HJ cap for
    P
    Many

Default Re: Question on HJ pennant and HJ cap for $50

The wimpel is a BDM unit flag. The schiffen is an early HJ with the enameled part of the HJ diamond missing. I do not like to discuss values as it is very subjective. Both are nice original pieces.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I agree both items appear good from the photos shown.

The small rune badge on the cap is incorrect. The cap should have the standard pattern H.J. membership diamond. The badge on the cap is a Jugendherberge (youth hostel) fund-raising tinnie. The badge is listed on Tieste's WHW sales pages, in the group "51 DJH Deutsches Jugendherbergswerk" as "003.1 Metallabzeichen, Rune" (price 11 Euro). It's often misidentified as a D.J. cap badge, but it is a WHW tinnie.

See this thread on the H.J. Research forum for more information and sources where this information came from and for a photo of the Tieste catalog page.

WHW Deutsches Jungvolk rune badge - Hitler Youth Forum

I appreciate all the info! I guess that explains the tear in the fabric where the HJ memebership diamond should be. The guy I purchased this from said he buys and sells storage containers and thats how he found this HJ grouping ( I also got the Widukind tinnie from him for 5$). He also has a bunch of photo albums and passports too that he said he'd call me about if he finds them. Im curious as to why someone would take off the HJ Diamond and put on the rune badge instead.
    Also, thank you for the link!