Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

a small bdm lot

Article about: i have been a "lurker" for some time (years) now so i find it awkward to finally post something. but that is my fault!! how can i learn without asking/getting a reply? i like this

Default a small bdm lot

i have been a "lurker" for some time (years) now so i find it awkward to finally post something.
    but that is my fault!!
    how can i learn without asking/getting a reply?
    i like this lot : )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a small bdm lot   a small bdm lot  

a small bdm lot  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement a small bdm lot
    P
    Many

A nice achievement records book for her time at sports camp

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nice items.

The green booklet is the official DRL-issue qualification booklet for the Reichsjugend-Sportabzeichen [National Youth Sports Badge], which is also pictured on the front cover. Its purpose was to document and prove the results of the individual sports tests that had to be passed in order to attain the badge and, eventually, the actual award of the badge itself. Interestingly, the booklet is stamped by the Männer-Turnverein Ilten e.V. [Men's Gymnastics Club of Ilten, registered association]. Despite its name, the club was apparently also in charge of taking sports badge tests for women and girls. (It was surely the only official sports club at Ilten, a small municipality in the Hannover area, which in 1974 was incorporated into the municipality of Sehnde.)

The other item is the certificate for taking the 1st place in the 50 meter breaststroke swimming contest during the athletic contests held on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the public sports ground and swimming baths at Ilten in 1937. It is also presented by the Männer-Turnverein Ilten e.V.; also notice the official NSRL paper seal.

Despite the photograph in BDM uniform, both items are not actually BDM-related as such. (Sorry, Nick, no "sports camp" connection.)

?

Welcome to the forum! They both look nice.

HPPL, You are a computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    HPL, You are a computer!
    Naw, that was easy as abc...

a) identify badge from memory
    b) read contents of the documents
    c) do a Google search for Ilten

...Then throw the results of a) through c) together, stir well and post them.

Yes, I think that the critical one is "b" which I can not do!! Must learn German.
    Cheers MR

thanx : )