Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Sport award band...anyone can tell me somthing ?

Article about: Hello there , i found this award band. It says : Dem Sieger / Deutsches Jugendfest 1934 . From what I assume it has been awarded in relation to some sport event. Just dont know how exactly i

Default Sport award band...anyone can tell me somthing ?

Hello there ,

i found this award band. It says : Dem Sieger / Deutsches Jugendfest 1934 .

From what I assume it has been awarded in relation to some sport event. Just dont know how exactly it has been awarded... was it attached to flowers ? or attached to a winner certificate.

Any ideas or knowelde is helpful =) about the size...its small about 22cm

Thanks a lot

Sport award band...anyone can tell me somthing ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sport award band...anyone can tell me somthing ?
    P
    Many

It definitely was attached to something for the "victor" of a contest. I've never seen one of these before. How are the swastikas attached to the ribbon? They look like possibly more recent additions to the ribbon. Hard to tell, photo quality is not very good. The ribbon and lettering look period to me.

Jay

any ideas? mhhh i am not sure...for me it looks not like attached aftrerwards...of course some of the golden letters are blushed but idk ...hope this pictures are better =)

Sport award band...anyone can tell me somthing ?Sport award band...anyone can tell me somthing ?Sport award band...anyone can tell me somthing ?

I like the ribbon Piccolo. Period construction, natural fading of fabric and letter, but I still don't know about those swastikas. They could very well be period, just strange looking. Sorry, you're gonna have to wait for someone that may have a period photo, or seen one. As you said, it's a ribbon that was given to the winner. Could have been anything from a spelling bee to a shooting contest, and attached to a medal or a paper certificate.

Jay

This was most likely for a sporting event. As the ribbon is in the form of a HJ armband, I see no reason to feel the swastikas were a later addition. My guess is this was attached to some form of flower award. This is the first time for me to see one of these.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks for the idea... flowers or deed i would assume. Anyone has a picture or proof to what this has been attached ? Any little information is welcome .

I wonder why the fields with the swastika are additionally sewn to the ribbon?
    Normally such ribbons were printed all over.
    I have seen such price ribbon once before, and that one was a printed all over
    item. Just my opinion!

[QUOTE=Wilhelm Saris;1755692]I wonder why the fields with the swastika are additionally sewn to the ribbon?
    Normally such ribbons were printed all over.
    I have seen such price ribbon once before, and that one was a printed all over
    item. Just my opinion![/QUOTE

possibly the construction was simplified later. This is an early piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

as far as I know in the early years such stuff was merely printed.
    The most simple construction!

Thanks a lot guys... now I only need any kind of picture or someone who knows what exactly it was attached to ... would love to know the history of this one