Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Supposed HJ firefighting brigade cloth armpatch

Article about: Was there such a thing and was it an official Third Reich issue. I have one and will post a pic as soon as I can figure out how to get a decent photo on the site.

feuerwehrmann
    ?

Default Supposed HJ firefighting brigade cloth armpatch

Was there such a thing and was it an official Third Reich issue. I have one and will post a pic as soon as I can figure out how to get a decent photo on the site.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Supposed HJ firefighting brigade cloth armpatch

Supposed HJ firefighting brigade cloth armpatchSupposed HJ firefighting brigade cloth armpatchThis is the only one I know of but their may be more? And welcome to the forum.

ERIC

feuerwehrmann
    ?

Eric, thanks for your rapid reply...it looks much better than I remember the one I have (Jeez, did that make sense??). Is yours an original? I'll dig it up and send a pic of it ASAP. Thanks again.

Its not mine but I know what you were talking about got it off my Data base would like to have one though!!! the pic on here is good Orig Ive posted look foward to your pics once again welcome.

ERIC

Be careful with these insignia, most I see are reproduced IMO. Reddick is one company that makes them. Here's a side by side comparrison of a good and bad one IMO. I like the one on the left.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Supposed HJ firefighting brigade cloth armpatch  

The one on the left does look much better thanks Frank.

Not sure if this is one from above but just saw it yesterday.
    I couldn't get just the picture, sorry.
    Look on The Collector's Guild
    Rudy

Have you ever seen seen a period photo of this patch being worn Eric or Frank?

Jay

This sleeve diamond appears to have been worn only to a very limited extent, with photos being extremely rare.

There is a group photograph of seven members of a Hitler Youth firefighting squad from Hamburg, one of whose members can be seen wearing this sleeve diamond.
    The image has been reproduced in Angolia's "The HJ", the Osprey Elite title "The German Home Front" and David Littlejohn's books "The Hitler Youth" and "Defending the Reich".

Another group photograph in "Defending the Reich" shows a HJ fire brigade group in dark blue uniforms wearing what appears to be the "HJ Streifendienst" cuff title together with the firefighting sleeve diamond as well, but it is rather grainy, making it hard to make a positive ID.

Here is a scan of the photo in Angolia's HJ mentioned by HPL2008 in the post above. Not the most clear shot of the insignia but it can be seen. Kevin Shouse also owned a uniform at one time that had this insignia attached. He believes it was period attached in converstations I've had with him. As stated not a commonly worn patch IMO, and I am leery when I see lots of mint unissued, unfolded, examples up for sale in the style of the patch shown in the second post. Perhaps a horde find of unissued examples, but they are reproduced and Reddick sells them for less than 10 USD at shows.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Supposed HJ firefighting brigade cloth armpatch  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast