Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Supposed HJ firefighting brigade cloth armpatch

Article about: Was there such a thing and was it an official Third Reich issue. I have one and will post a pic as soon as I can figure out how to get a decent photo on the site.

Default Re: Supposed HJ firefighting brigade cloth armpatch

Thank you very much Frank and H.P. for your efforts. In my mind, definitive evidence for a reasonable man that these existed during the period, however infrequent that may have been.

Take care,
    Jay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Supposed HJ firefighting brigade cloth armpatch
    P
    Many

Hello All,

I happen to have a firefighting brigade cloth arm patch (authentic) form my grandfather. Where might I find out more about it.

Thank you in advance,

~ Shaun

Quote by ssomervi View Post
    Hello All,

I happen to have a firefighting brigade cloth arm patch (authentic) form my grandfather. Where might I find out more about it.

Thank you in advance,

~ Shaun
    It would be great if you could post a photo here on the forum of the patch. Check the link in the previous posts in this thread, it shows the patch in wear.

The pictures show the front and back of the patch and a pin.

Thanks in advance for any info!

~ ShaunSupposed HJ firefighting brigade cloth armpatchSupposed HJ firefighting brigade cloth armpatch

Actual Information about the uniform and this speciality-insignia one can find in:

"Uniformen-Markt", Nr. 8 from April 15, 1941. Page 73;
    "Der Schneidermeister", Nr. 21 from May 25, 1941. Page 267 (here it is said the
    speciality-insignia will be granted in shortly);
    "Schwert und Spaten", Nr. 10 from October 1941. Page 129 shows an image of the
    insignia and mentions: members from HJ-Feuerwehrscharen, when succeeded a
    proof, are allowed to wear this insignia which has the colors: black backing,
    respectively white, national eagle emblem with oakleaf wreath (as well as the edge)
    in pink and the flames to be red and white. Leaders had to wear the same badge, but
    with a white edge;
    "Das Gesetz über das Feuerlöschwesen" with orders from June 28, 1939, December
    7, 1939, March 31, 1941 (about organization and uniform);
    "Reichsministerialblatt im Innern" with an order from March 31, 1941;
    An extended article from about early 1942 about the organization, uniforms and the
    speciality-insignia , written by Kreisführer Arnold mentions instead of pink the
    color to be crimson:
    a) Führerabzeichen with white edge for leaders of a unit and the responsible person
    within a HJ-district;
    b) Formationsabzeichen with crimson edge for members from a HJ fire-brigade. The
    aticle mentions the use of the police national emblem. This is explained in an order
    from June 25, 1942 about Kriegseinsatz der HJ im Feuerwehrdienst;
    "Schwert und Spaten", Nr. 5 from May 31, 1942. Page 57 about the service-dress
    and the insignia (shown with an image: the speciality insignia is upon the lower left
    arm, 2.0 cm above the cuff).
    One of the last notes about the uniform were found in the "Der Deutsche Polizei-
    Taschenkalender für die Freiw. Feuerwehr
    " from about 1943.

?

Very cool! I noticed in the picture, they are wearing fire police helmets w/out the neck flaps. Am I correct in this assumption?

Hello, and thank you for info and sources. I don't have these books, but will look them up on the next visit to the library. I am contemplating on whether or not to keep these, as I have a number of things from various eras that I may end up parting with.

Thanks again,

~ Shaun

[QUOTE=Wilhelm Saris;552672]Actual Information about the uniform and this speciality-insignia one can find in:

"Uniformen-Markt", Nr. 8 from April 15, 1941. Page 73;
    "Der Schneidermeister", Nr. 21 from May 25, 1941. Page 267 (here it is said the speciality-insignia will be granted in shortly); ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2