Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tailored HJ Armband

Article about: The HJ guys already know this but I wanted to share this find on my own armband,,,,,Some of the HJ armband makers had "mothing packets" sewn in ( the early ones ) that were only pr

Default Re: Tailored HJ Armband

The HJ guys already know this but I wanted to share this find on my own armband,,,,,Some of the HJ armband makers had "mothing packets" sewn in ( the early ones ) that were only present between the swaz legs. I happen to notice this one day along time ago when I picked one up at the flea market and brought it home. I gently handwashed it, and noticed a few dark patches beneath the white surface of the cloth. I rubbed my finger over it and there was something in there. I pressed hard on it ,,"not much" but enough. I brought it close for a smell and there was a glint of mothing aroma, to the area in question. I know not all HJ armbands has this type of moth deterrent but I wanted to share my thoughts on this and i still have the armband also. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tailored HJ Armband
    P
    Many

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I have seen a few bands with this construction in the past. I believe it to be an early piece.
    Thank you for your reply, Mr. Coleman.

Interesting tid-bit, Larry. I'll have to look at mine, but I'm going to refrain from washing it

I placed this band for sale in the classifieds. Must sell for a helmet purchase. Imagine that! lol

I would agree that this one appears to be period. I've seen and own some strange HJ armbands that in hand I feel are period used items. I think it's a non standard item, but looks period from the photos shown.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2