Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unusual Yellow enamel HJ badge , is it legit?.

Article about: Been browsing the web for HJ items and came across this unusual yellow enamel HJ badge , is it legit and if so what was the the significance of the yellow enamel as opposed to the standard r

?

Default Unusual Yellow enamel HJ badge , is it legit?.

Been browsing the web for HJ items and came across this unusual yellow enamel HJ badge , is it legit and if so what was the the significance of the yellow enamel as opposed to the standard red. It looks good by looking at the pin and stamp. Any help much appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual Yellow enamel HJ badge , is it legit?.
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

The coffin shaped pin mount is a sign of a repro .

?

Many Thanks , i knew it was an odd thing to see , wish it was a genuine one as it would look good next to the standard red enamelled badge for a good HJ display. Never mind. Info very much appreciated , Thank you.

The makers Mark is always a giveaway too

Never mind the pin shape as it is a fantasy item yellow was never made in the TR era.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Thanks John , Thanks Eric , i thought it was a bit bizarre. But had to ask.

?

I have also seen these in blue ,green,purple

?

Indeed, a pin plate of that shape is never seen on anything from the era, to my knowledge. There were oval plates on some badges, though.

From what I've read, there is some controversy about the colored HJ pins (besides red). Apparently, many believe that the blue ones are authentic, but I don't know much because HJ is something in which I don't have much interest.

Here are a few things to look for in fake badges, besides the bad pin attachment:

1) Anything that says "Adolf Hitler 1933" or "Deutschland Erwache 1933." Some of these look convincing, but they are all fake.

2) RZM marks where they don't belong. The fakers sometimes use this marking to legitimize their product. In fact, the Reichszeugmeisterei was the quality control wing of the Nazi Party, so they only handled items relating to the Nazi Party. Nothing associated with foreign groups or unofficial slogan badges should bear such a marking.

3) The 'M' in the 'M1' code. If it looks like the McDonald's arches, it's not original. Often this is seen on Party badges with the manufacturer code of 129. Although that code did exist (for the firm of Seiler & Co. in Geldern), no Party pin from them has ever been shown to be authentic.

4) The enamel and lettering on small badges rarely looks exceptionally crisp. There are usually flecks in the enamel and small imperfections throughout.

Party and HJ badges are usually fairly easy to authenticate. The danger comes with more valuable items, such as those of foreign organizations (the Swedish Nazi Party, for example) and some of the more valuable German badges.

Regulation H.J. member pins are the often seen red and white fields, period. No regulation exists for any other color. These are often traps for new collectors and many are taken in by them. Stick with the standard pattern exmples if you have interest in H.J. member pins.

Quote by FrankBooth View Post
    Regulation H.J. member pins are the often seen red and white fields, period.
    That's the correct answer right there jimm. Forget every other colour of HJ membership pin and remember: "Red and white, red and white, everything else is a pile of sh*te".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast