Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

what do you guys think?

Article about: Hey guys, I was just offered this by another collector. I wanted to see what your thoughts on this hj sports badge. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Matt

Default what do you guys think?

Hey guys, I was just offered this by another collector. I wanted to see what your thoughts on this hj sports badge. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture what do you guys think?   what do you guys think?  

what do you guys think?   what do you guys think?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement what do you guys think?
    P
    Many

Any hj experts?

Hello. I saw your initial post and was interested in the items you have shown. IMO both pieces, based off the pictures provided are suspect. The EK seems to lack detail in the interior perimeter beading, and the year 1939 is barely visible in the pictures. It also appears that both the pin and cross body seem to be hallmarked? (I'm not sure that is found on period EK's? and can't imagine why a manufacturer would do this in the first place?) The HJ leader badge if real would be highly desirable and expensive I would imagine. But again the pictures leave a lot to be desired as far as clarity goes. My thought are if these are being offered by another collector why provide poor quality photos? Why post two pricey items for sale simultaneously? And if he (the seller) himself would purchase said items based of the quality of the pictures he provided you with? Please bear in mind I m no expert on either of these items in question, I do have 1st class EK and a HJ proficiency badge but am not an expert. I'm certainly happy to be corrected and learn myself if wrong. I only reply as I know this is your second posting of these items, and would hate to see you not get what you would be paying for. I'm including a thorough link to CImilitaria which shows in detail examples of proficiency badges to research. I wish you the best but if it were me I'd wait for clearer pictures and better qualified opinions prior to pulling the trigger. Best regards.

Brian

Hitler Youth Sports Awards

Thank you Brian for the info. The iron cross I'm very skeptical about cause of the two maker marks that you pointed out but the hj one I had no idea. Thank you again Brian!

P.s. Off topic I Looked at ur bio. Are you a street rod instructor at uti in PA? Lol