Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

1957 german award owners

Article about: Hi I am new this this fourm and I would to share with you in collecting the 1957 issue medals. I have about 98 % of all the the 1957 issue medals. Also I wrote a book on the 1957 medels. All

Another former Waffen-SS Officer Heinz Halmes, holder of the Deutsche Kreuz in Gold.Shown in early BW uniform as a Luftlandebrigade Oberleutnant.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 german award owners  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957 german award owners
    P
    Many

A very interesting image former Wehrmacht officer Siegfried Müller, who became a Mercenary in the Congo Crisis. His nickname was "Kongo" Müller, apparently he always wore his wartime EKI on his uniform, see here !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 german award owners   1957 german award owners  

Another former Waffen SS Officer, SS-Obersturmfuhrer Fredrik Jensen...............with wartime and 57er awards.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 german award owners  

notice the Norwegian " Frontkjemper " Front Fighter award lurking on the shield

Kurt Bentin (23 March 1914 – 1 April 1992) was a highly decorated Oberleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II and an Major in the Bundeswehr. Recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross, 12 February 1945, as commander of Grenadier-Battalion 8/9 "Feldherrnhalle in Festung Schneidemühl. Kurt Bentin was captured in 1945 by British troops and was released in September on that year. He later joined the Bundeswehr retiring in 1968 as a Major.
    I have just obtained his BW service uniform.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images 1957 german award owners  1957 german award owners 

Added a few more RKT photos to my collection.....

1. Cosmas Wolf (Heer) wearing a first pattern RK, OdR reunion in 1985

2. Leo Hartmann (Heer) wearing a second pattern RK, OdR reunion in 1994

3. Willi Fey (Waffen-SS) and Paul-Albert Kausch (Waffen-SS), OdR reunion 1985
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 german award owners   1957 german award owners  

1957 german award owners  

Nice photographs Nick, I should imagine all are now passed away....gone to the great parade ground in the sky !
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Nice photographs Nick, I should imagine all are now passed away....gone to the great parade ground in the sky !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Thanks Steve. Yes, all of them are passed away. Leo Hartmann one year after this photo was taken.

Regards

Gents,
    Recently added this photo of an unknown RKT. Apart from the EKs, he wears a lot of foreign awards which should narrow down the list. Can anyone id him or any of the medals please?

With thanks to WAF/HWMF member 'Pierce F.' () for id'ing the medals:

Medal Bar No. 1:

Iron Cross 2nd Class
    Greek Order of the Phoenix 5th Class
    Italian Order of Merit 5th Class
    Thailand Order of the White Elephant 5th Class
    Iceland Order of the Falcon 5th Class
    Unknown

Medal Bar No. 2:

Iron Cross 2nd Class
    War Merit Cross 2nd Class
    Russian Front Medal (maybe)
    Olympic Games Decoration 2nd Class
    Wehrmacht Long Service Medal for 4 Years

A possible id for the man: RKT and diplomat Rolf Friedemann Pauls. Notice how he does not have a left arm!

Regards,
    Nick

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast