Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

1957 Knights Cross

Article about: Another recent addition. This makes #3! And a huge,sincere "Thank you!" to moderator "oradour" (aka Steve) for all of his generous assistance with acquiring my three cros

Glenn, outside photos are your best bet. I don't take any photos indoors anymore, just too much frustration trying to get the camera to take it just right.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957 Knights Cross
    P
    Many

Outdoors in this country is just too bright unfortunately, I seem to recall seeing a cloud around 4 months ago!

HAHA! We have a good amount of clouds today, if I could I would send some to you. Well, that might call for you to get creative. maybe some terry cloth or cheese cloth as a cover over the award and lens. That might cut down on the glare while allowing enough light to come through and illuminate the award.

My wife is a photographer and since these shots were taken 3 years ago I have got much better at filtering the light source with paper towels, adjusting white balance etc in order to take better shots. I do hesitate at trying to shoot my collection in her studio of course as I fear the "how much did that one cost you?" question.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I do hesitate at trying to shoot my collection in her studio of course as I fear the "how much did that one cost you?" question.
    Somehow each helmet in my collection only cost $500 a piece, even the DD M35 field police. Not sure how I managed to talk every seller into $500

Glenn, you have a fine example of the earliest 57er RK......a "B" frame !
    Prost ! Steve.

Thanks Steve! I figured as much but a little confirmation from an expert is good to have!

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Somehow each helmet in my collection only cost $500 a piece, even the DD M35 field police. Not sure how I managed to talk every seller into $500
    WOW - as dear as that? Even my Jager zu Pferde only cost £200... As far as the boss is concerned that is...

very nice I also owe thanks to steve.

A lovely "C" frame, you did very good Todd!

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Thanks Steve!

As I am a bit of a thicko regarding my own example, can you advise if I have here a B or C frame please?
    Hi Glenn,
    Here are some of the known flaws on a 1st pattern "B" frame for you to compare. There's a very good thread over on WAF lead by 'Matthieu' that explains everything more in detail....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 Knights Cross   1957 Knights Cross  

1957 Knights Cross   1957 Knights Cross  

1957 Knights Cross  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast