MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1957 Knight's Cross w/ OLS

Article about: Here is my first 1957 award, and I aimed high. A great "C" frame, magnetic second core Knight's Cross, 800 marked, with OLS, also 800 marked. A huge THANK YOU to Steve (oradour) fo

Default 1957 Knight's Cross w/ OLS

Here is my first 1957 award, and I aimed high. A great "C" frame, magnetic second core Knight's Cross, 800 marked, with OLS, also 800 marked. A huge THANK YOU to Steve (oradour) for allowing me to take this one off his hands. I took some photos in direct sunlight to show the details a little better, and some in the shade to show it with less glare.

I hope you all like it as much as I love it. God knows I can't afford a war time version!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957 Knight's Cross w/ OLS
    P
    Many

Stunning mate, it really hits the spot. I definitely need to get myself one of these. I have a feeling this won't be the last one you acquire

Steve if you have any more spare in the future put me down for a set

Great looking cross. This is likely the way
    I'll have to go as well.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

A stunning 57er "C" frame RK & Oaks/Swords Todd ! It was not easy to let this go, but I have my eye on something else I am negotiating on at the moment so I had to let it go I have some others to console me
    You need to keep it company with some other 57ers !
    Prost ! Steve.

Andy, you know me all too well! Once you pop you can't stop!

Steve (Walkwolf), I had my heart set on getting a war time KC, even just the basic setup, but at $6,000 ++++ I just can't make it happen at the time. Maybe one day when I'm retired, old and gray and the kids have moved out and forgotten about the wife and I, then I will be able to afford one. And the day it arrives I will probably keel over

Steve (the other Steve), thanks again! I'm certain this set was not easy to let go. It has a great home among some wartime crosses so it will be in good company. I hope my hard earned cash will help you pick up something spectacular

Very nice! The 57ers are always a bit of a mystery given the early, mid and late types, the changing cores and frames and the ever-changing finishes. What period would you estimate this example to date from?

If I have this correct and going off my chats with Steve, due to the magnetic core it is an early 60's cross. If I'm incorrect I'm sure someone will correct me. I'm still learning!

Thanks for the response. My example is I believe what they call an 'A' core (could be wrong on that point) but it certainly is the first of the 1957 examples so if your example (with the convex leaves) is an early 60s example then my example (with the concave leaves) must only have lasted from 1957 to the early sixties when they replaced the core dies.

It would be nice to see a timeline or spreadsheet on the approximate dates of changes to the specifics of the 57er awards to help those with bad memories like myself!

I believe that is a first core, but as for the frame I'm afraid I have no idea. I haven't figured out how to tell the cores apart. I am finding it fun to study these crosses and the little nuances. And their price tags are much cheaper than their war time counterparts.

I think mine is a 'B' frame as it still has the dent row on the lower 3 o'clock arm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast