Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1957 Knight's Cross w/ OLS

Article about: Here is my first 1957 award, and I aimed high. A great "C" frame, magnetic second core Knight's Cross, 800 marked, with OLS, also 800 marked. A huge THANK YOU to Steve (oradour) fo

?

Todd an excellent Cross & some excellent pictures too.. If I knew this was for sale you would had your hands full lol.. I would love to get a nice RK 57..with oaks just makes it even better.. Well done.. Cheers Terry.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957 Knight's Cross w/ OLS
    P
    Many

Gents, the terms are for the core, "first" or "second" core, for the frame "B","C" or "D"....."A" framed RK's being St u L wartime made crosses.
    As for time frames, it was generally thought that the B frame was as its nomenclature suggests was the first 57er RK from 1957 lasting to around 1960 when the C frame took over, itself lasting to around 1979 when the D frame came into being......However images in catalogues and publications from around 1957/8 have come to light that show St u L had already designed the second core so it may be that the first and second core variants may of been produced together ! The C frame die is a repaired B frame die, and some not all will show the same flaws as the B frame crosse over time.....the cores became non magnetic in the mid 1970's....the D frame was a brand new die, it is believed they were made upto around 2005, that was the last time St u L listed a 1957 catalogue....I recently contacted them and was curtly informed they no longer made or supplied them !
    Also it is believed that St u L had more than one die for their RK production run 1957 to around 2005.
    I hope this helps clarify somewhat a distinctly complicated subject
    Prost ! Steve.

Excellent choice Todd! I ordered my second 57er RK a few days ago, it is however not the 'eisernes kreuz' type if you know what I mean...

Regards,
    Nick

v/nice set.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2