Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1957 LW Flak badges............

Article about: Gentlemen, I show my two 57er Luftwaffe flak badges, very early and mid production pieces, both by St u L. Both with a different design of eagle, the long legged flak is the earliest type kn

Default 1957 LW Flak badges............

Gentlemen, I show my two 57er Luftwaffe flak badges, very early and mid production pieces, both by St u L.
    Both with a different design of eagle, the long legged flak is the earliest type known, with its droop tailed eagle as used on wartime pieces, notice the "long legs" originally intended to carry the swastika, this is not a de nazified piece, the die has been altered and had the swastika removed, see close up, as the original owner stated "I can assure you that this is a real 1957 with finish all around the legs, so there is no way it was denaz after it left the manufacturer". ......for some unknown reason later in production of this badge it appears that St u L decided to replace the design with the later Luftwaffe eagle (Fan tailed) with "shorter legs" as there was nothing to hold !
    Notice the rear hardware differences................mid production on left, earliest on right.
    Prost !Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 LW Flak badges............   1957 LW Flak badges............  

1957 LW Flak badges............   1957 LW Flak badges............  

1957 LW Flak badges............  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957 LW Flak badges............
    P
    Many

Superb early flak, great addition to your collection Steve.

I have her younger sister...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 LW Flak badges............   1957 LW Flak badges............  

Quote by Nick Hessens View Post
    Superb early flak, great addition to your collection Steve. I have her younger sister...
    With the later eagle ! nice early one Nick
    Prost !Steve.
    see here for as it was supposed to be in 1957.....thanks to member Karsten for the image.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 LW Flak badges............  

?

Nice one Steve..I'm liking the photos.. I'm surprised you got the sunlight for the outdoor snaps!!..Both looking good together as well.. & Nick another fine example too.. Cheers Terry.

?

Sorry guys I have balls that right up..!!!..Wrong badge all together what a donut..Cheers Terry.

No problem Terry ! Thats a rather nice early 1957-60 army flak badge............
    Prost !Steve.

?

Cheers Steve I got excited & sent the wrong badge/picture.. I don't have the Luftwaffe badge...lol.. Cheers Terry.

all nice badges.