Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1957er Heeres-Flak-Abzeichen

Article about: The latest addition to my growing family of 1957er badges, here is a Heeres-Flakabzeichen [Army Flak Badge]. (Its Luftwaffe equivalent was designated as the Kampfabzeichen der Flakartillerie

Default 1957er Heeres-Flak-Abzeichen

The latest addition to my nicely-growing family of 1957er badges, here is a Heeres-Flakabzeichen [Army Flak Badge]. (Its Luftwaffe equivalent was designated as the Kampfabzeichen der Flakartillerie [Combat Badge of the Flak Artillery] or Flak-Kampfabzeichen [Flak Combat Badge].)

Instituted on 18 July 1941 (about half a year after the Luftwaffe badge), it was awarded to members of anti-aircraft units of the army infantry and army artillery on a "points" system matching that of the Luftwaffe's anti-aircraft artillery branch. The badge could also be awarded independently of the personal "points" score to battalion-/detachment- and company-/battery commanders if half of the crews under their command had been bestowed with the badge and if they had commanded their units during the actions for which these awards had been made, even if they had not personally directed the fire.

Here is the badge now. It's a piece from the late production period. Obverse and reverse views:

The Heer badge was closely modelled on the Luftwaffe one, but not identical in design. The most obvious differences were the different Heer/Luftwaffe eagles on top of the wartime badges and the different wreaths. The "de-nazified" 1957er versions omitted the Swastika originally held in the eagle's clutches on the Luftwaffe badge and omitted the eagle altogether from the Heer badge:

(I have already shown the Luftwaffe badge on this thread: 1957er Flak-Kampfabzeichen )

As always, all comments are welcome.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957er Heeres-Flak-Abzeichen
    P
    Many

Very nice!
    St. & L Andreas?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    St. & L Andreas?
    Yes, it is.

These 1957ers all seem quite nice. I think I will have to start a collection parallel to my TR stuff