Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1957er ribbon bars

Article about: Here are the two most recent additions to the very small family of my 1957er ribbon bars. (I will also add any future ribbon bar purchases to this thread, rather than start individual ones.)

Very nice, love it. Both St&L and Souval made the crusade medal post war, they can often be found on the full size medal bars beside the 57ers.

A great addition, congrats Andreas.

Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957er ribbon bars
    P
    Many

Here is the latest addition, an eight-place ribbon bar for a highly decorated Luftwaffe aviator.

Obverse and reverse views:

1957er ribbon bars

1957er ribbon bars

The decorations are:

• Deutsches Kreuz in Gold [German Cross in Gold]
    • Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse [Iron Cross 1st Class]
    • Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse [Iron Cross 2nd Class]
    • Frontflugspange für Jäger in Gold [Front Flight Clasp for Fighter Pilots in Gold]
    • Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz [Wound Badge in Black]
    • Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit Schwertern [War Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords]
    • Ostmedaille [Eastern Medal]
    • Flugzeugführerabzeichen [Pilot's Badge]

Very nice bar!

Here is my latest addition:

1957er ribbon bars

1957er ribbon bars

The decorations are:

• Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze [Tank Combat Badge in Bronze]
    • Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit Schwertern [War Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords]
    • Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht 4. Klasse [Armed Forces Long Service Award 4th Class (for 4 years)]

A three-place ribbon bar with the Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse [Iron Cross 2nd Class], Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz [Wound Badge in Black] and the Ärmelband "Kurland" ["Kurland" Sleeve Band] with the matching miniature medal bar:

1957er ribbon bars

1957er ribbon bars

(I have also posted this on my 1957er miniatures thread.)

Another recent acquisition is this six-place ribbon bar with four wartime decorations framed by two post-war ones. The bar is of the sew-on type:

1957er ribbon bars

1957er ribbon bars

The decorations are:

• Bundesverdienstkreuz [Federal Cross of Merit] (more specifically, the Verdienstkreuz am Bande)
    • Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse [Iron Cross 2nd Class]
    • Nahkampfspange in Bronze [Close Combat Clasp in Bronze]
    • Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Silber [Infantry Assault Badge in Silver]
    • Ärmelband "Kurland" ["Kurland" Cuff Title]
    • Deutsches Sportabzeichen in Bronze [German Sports Badge in Bronze]

Very nice! I saw one of these come up for sale still on a uniform even. It didn't last long. I was seriously considering it as it had a decent number of awards on it. You have a nice collection going there. I know the communists were not much for acknowledging the existence of the TR, but did they have any ribbons for wartime service and combat awards?

Quote by carpediem View Post
    Very nice! I saw one of these come up for sale still on a uniform even. It didn't last long. I was seriously considering it as it had a decent number of awards on it. You have a nice collection going there. I know the communists were not much for acknowledging the existence of the TR, but did they have any ribbons for wartime service and combat awards?
    You mean the German Democratic Republic? No; of course not, that wouldn't have been ideologically acceptable. However, the GDR had a medal for those who actively resisted the Nazi regime (the Medaille für die Kämpfer gegen den Faschismus 1933 bis 1945) and a medal for merit on the Republican side in the Spanish Civil War (the Hans-Beimler-Medaille).

Thanks Andreas! Your knowledge of these thing is impressive. I didn't think they would have such a thing. They (NVA) seem to have more ribbons than the Bundeswehr. I was always surprised that West Germany allowed the 57er versions of Nazi awards. I look forward to adding an NVA uniform to my collection soon, hopefully with a ribbon bar.

Andreas, you should get the Konvolut of the Ritterkreuztraeger who became a Bw OTL at the Ratisbon auction.1957er ribbon bars1957er ribbon bars1957er ribbon bars

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast