Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

1957er ribbon bars

Article about: Here are the two most recent additions to the very small family of my 1957er ribbon bars. (I will also add any future ribbon bar purchases to this thread, rather than start individual ones.)

Andreas is a pillar of our work. Hurra! And I always include Austria in all I do, because the world is incomplete without it.1957er ribbon bars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957er ribbon bars
    P
    Many

A small glimpse into the Bw in the year 1957.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b3XPA_JCAU

Just in, this single ribbon bar for the Rettungsmedaille [Lifesaving Medal]. These are not very common:

1957er ribbon bars

1957er ribbon bars

Just in is this nine-place ribbon bar:

1957er ribbon bars

1957er ribbon bars

The decorations are:

• Bundesverdienstkreuz [Federal Cross of Merit] (more specifically, the Verdienstkreuz am Bande grade)
    • Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse [Iron Cross 1st Class]
    • Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse mit Schwertern [War Merit Cross 1st Class with Swords]
    • Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse [Iron Cross 2nd Class]
    • Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber [Wound Badge in Silver]
    • Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen [General Assault Badge]
    • Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit Schwertern [War Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords]
    • Deutsches Sportabzeichen in Gold [German Sports Badge in Gold]
    • Deutsches Rettungsschwimmabzeichen in Silber [German Rescue Swimming Badge in Silver] (DLRG version)

I have also shown this bar over in my thread on Red Cross long service awards, but it is relevant to this thread as well.

Just in is this nice ribbon bar from a WW2 veteran who also had a long and highly distinguished service history as a volunteer in the Bavarian Red Cross:

1957er ribbon bars

1957er ribbon bars

1957er ribbon bars

The ribbons are:

• Verdienstmedaille des Verdienstordens der Bundesrepublik Deutschland [Medal for Merit of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany]
    • Eisernes Kreuz I. Klasse [Iron Cross 1st Class]
    • Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber [Wound Badge in Silver]
    • Ehrenzeichen des DRK [Decoration of the German Red Cross]
    • Ehrenzeichen des Freistaats Bayern für Verdienste um das BRK, Klasse 1 [Decoration of the Free State of Bavaria for Merit in the Interest of the Bavarian Red Cross, Class 1 (i.e. for 40 years of service)]
    • Ehrennadel des BRK (Verdienstauszeichnung) [Honor Pin of the Bavarian Red Cross (Award for Merit)]
    • Verdienstmedaille der Sanitätskolonne des Bayerischen Roten Kreuzes in Bronze [Medal of Merit of the Medical Units of the Bavarian Red Cross]
    • BRK-Leistungsabzeichen in Gold [Bavarian Red Cross Proficiency Badge in Gold]
    • Auszeichnungsspange für 40 Jahre [Award Bar for 40 years]

Note that the first ribbon is "homemade". This is actually the small-size ribbon bar intended for civilian wear that was attached to the neutral black underlay normally used for 1957er pinback awards.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 01-04-2019 at 09:04 PM.

Just in is my latest, largest and (I think) nicest ribbon bar combining German 1957er- and post-war awards with some foreign decorations.

Obverse and reverse view:

1957er ribbon bars

1957er ribbon bars

A closer look at the devices:

1957er ribbon bars

1957er ribbon bars

The ribbons are:

• Eisernes Kreuz I. Klasse [Iron Cross 1st Class]
    • Eisernes Kreuz II. Klasse [Iron Cross 2nd Class]
    • Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz [Wound Badge in Black]
    • Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen [Fleet War Badge]
    • Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen[Destroyer War Badge]
    • Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht 4. Klasse [Long Service Award of the Armed Forces 4th Class (4 years)]
    • Deutsches Sportabzeichen in Gold [German Sports Badge in Gold]
    • Deutsches Rettungsschwimmabzeichen in Gold [German Lifeguard Badge in Gold (DLRG version)]
    • Ordinul Steaua României [Order of the Star of Romania] with Swords (Romania)
    • Medalia comemorativa Cruciada Impotriva Comunismului [Medal for the Crusade against Communism] (Romania)
    • Dannebrogordenen [Order of the Dannebrog], Commander 2nd Class grade (Denmark)
    • Svärdsorden [Sword Order], Commander 2nd Class grade (Sweden)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4