Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1963 Bundeswehr Wehrpass.

Article about: Ladies & Gentlemen...my first BW Wehrpass, these are not that common, not many seem to come up for sale, unlike their Imperial/TR cousins....this one is for a recruit of 1963. I have don

Default 1963 Bundeswehr Wehrpass.

Ladies & Gentlemen...my first BW Wehrpass, these are not that common, not many seem to come up for sale, unlike their Imperial/TR cousins....this one is for a recruit of 1963. I have done some research on these passes, information is scant or in a German language site, which despite "google" translate tool translates into poor English...so any help from BW vets or German speaking members who know about these passes would be most helpful ! from what I have understood so far....these passes are kept by the issuing recruitment office, the "Kreiswehrersatzamt", until the holder reaches a certain age, and is then discharged from any further military service...these passes, it seems are then destroyed (after being microfiched), probably why they are rarely encountered ! Wehrpasses are no longer issued in the BW, personal information is kept on computer. The cover is made from a waterproofed woven material (plasic/nylon) and there are pockets for personal papers and I.D. tags. There is really not a lot of information in these books during peacetime, other than personal trivia. Still a nice piece of contemporary history to have in a BW collection.....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1963  Bundeswehr Wehrpass.   1963  Bundeswehr Wehrpass.  

1963  Bundeswehr Wehrpass.   1963  Bundeswehr Wehrpass.  

1963  Bundeswehr Wehrpass.   1963  Bundeswehr Wehrpass.  

1963  Bundeswehr Wehrpass.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1963  Bundeswehr Wehrpass.
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1963 Bundeswehr Wehrpass.

I like the lineage of these, a real throwback to earlier times.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!