Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

57 Close Combat Clasps

Article about: Here you are gents my two Clasps..The Bronze one I have already at home.& yes I know it is upside down but the Missus tooks the photos & I ain't telling her to sort it out!!.Otherwis

?

Default 57 Close Combat Clasps

Here you are gents my two Clasps..The Bronze one I have already at home.& yes I know it is upside down but the Missus tooks the photos & I ain't telling her to sort it out!!.Otherwise I would be getting awarded a wound badge. The Silver will be at my house mid Feb hopefully?..So that will go on my 57 shelves & look good. Oh & any info would be great. Cheers Terry 57 Close Combat Clasps57 Close Combat Clasps57 Close Combat Clasps57 Close Combat Clasps

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 57 Close Combat Clasps
    P
    Many

Nice additions Terry! They are both S&L, constructed with a separate backplate. Deumers had the background painted black, thus no backplate. Your silver is mid production, would need to see a photo of the pin to date the other one.

Is the catch broken off on the bronce close combat clasp or is it the photo?

Regards

Edit: Never mind, I can see the catch when I zoom in.
    Last edited by Nick Hessens; 01-30-2014 at 07:47 PM.

?

Hello Nick the catch is there it was open when the wife was taking the photos.. I will get some more photos when I get home in 2 weeks..Thanks for the info..I knew the Silver was a mid 60s job.. But I couldn't remember who was the maker? Thanks for the info on the back plates I didn't know that at all so I learnt something today which is nice....I need to keep my eyes peeled for a Gold one now..Cheers Terry.

?

Cheers Harry always a pleasure.. Terry.

Update on these great badges/awards...this of my early around 1960 set....made by St u L frosted finished with polished highlights, earliest first pattern tapered pin/solid hinge....much nicer in hand !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57 Close Combat Clasps   57 Close Combat Clasps  

57 Close Combat Clasps   57 Close Combat Clasps  

57 Close Combat Clasps