Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

57er Faithful Service Cross for 40years.........

Article about: Gents, I show one of my latest 57er's, a 40 year faithful service cross for service in the Public Sector/ Civil Service, " Truedienst-Eherenabzeichen fur Beamte 1 Stuff in Gold", f

Default 57er Faithful Service Cross for 40years.........

Gents, I show one of my latest 57er's, a 40 year faithful service cross for service in the Public Sector/ Civil Service, " Truedienst-Eherenabzeichen fur Beamte 1 Stuff in Gold", founded on 30 January 1938, in two grades (40 & 25 year), to reward civilians in the employ of the German public services for long and faithful service.....a St u L early made example with polished highlights, quite a common and inexpensive award in Third Reich guise, but as a 57er I have found it to be quite rare !
    I do not think these medals are collected as much as other 1957 awards, therefore rarely seen in collections.
    The polished highlights look better in hand than on the images, they are difficult to capture with my camera !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er Faithful Service Cross for 40years.........   57er Faithful Service Cross for 40years.........  

57er Faithful Service Cross for 40years.........   57er Faithful Service Cross for 40years.........  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 57er Faithful Service Cross for 40years.........
    P
    Many

?

Very nice Steve.. very nice indeed loving the colour of the gold. Just a question wasn't there a a 50 year one??...Or are we talking 57 awards only.? Cheers Terry.

Terry, the awards in this series are the same as in TR era criteria......there are are only two, a Silver 25 year and a Gold 40 year medal, however 50 years service was acknowledged with the addition of an oak leaf spay attached to the ribbon of the 40 year award. These were for Civil service workers (Public sector).
    There is also a further award for employees and workers in the private sector "Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen fur Angestellte und Arbeiter der freien Wirtschaft" (Employee and Worker Faithful Service Medal) just one for 50 years, a bi-colour award in silver cross within a gold oak leaf surround, see attached image, I have just acquired this one, and will show when in hand.....The Civil service cross had "Fur Treue Dienst" and the public sector 50 had "Fur Treue Arbeit" upon the cross on the rear on TR versions and on the front on 57ers. see here for differences........ http://www.ordensmuseum.de/Ordensjou...6Jan0857er.pdf page 4 & 5.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er Faithful Service Cross for 40years.........  

very nice,Ilike these 57 awards.

?

Thanks for the info Steve.. I didn't know that so that is something new learnt!!.. Both very nice awards.. Looking forward to seeing the 50 years award when you have in hand so to say....Cheers Terry.