MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

57er Krim shield.

Article about: Gents, the last one for now, an early "Krim shield", evidenced by its antique finish and blackened rear with four prongs, later production had three, they are not full sized, being

Default 57er Krim shield.

Gents, the last one for now, an early "Krim shield", evidenced by its antique finish and blackened rear with four prongs, later production had three, they are not full sized, being approximatly two thirds the size of original TR examples, and nor were they available with a backing plate and piece of appropriate uniform cloth either ! I didnt intend to collect these shields, as enquiries reveal that they were not authorised for wear on any BW tunic, only as a miniture on a ribbon bar like the cufftitle awards.....so I really could not see the point, however this one came in a grouping (so I guess I will have to get them all now !). So where were they worn, another collector suggested on civilian jackets at treffens/meetings, but I have never seen one worn in this way or any other way !...If anyone has a photograph or can shed light on these peculiar awards it would be welcomed... any way here it is.....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er Krim shield.   57er Krim shield.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 57er Krim shield.
    P
    Many

Default Re: 57er Krim shield.

wow steve never knew they made these as a 57er did they make the others as well
    thanks for sharing

tom

Tom, yes, all including the "Lappland" one, were made available as a 1957 replacement.
    Prost ! Steve.

thank you for the info steve never seen any before have to add that info to refereces (getting bigger by the day lol)

tom

Der Cholmschild 1942 57er Orden | eBay
    you were right found another one

tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er Krim shield.   57er Krim shield.  

Last edited by oradour; 10-24-2011 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Add photographs

Tom...as you have found the Cholm shield, we may as well show the other shield designs in the 57 range..so that we all will know for future reference ! Here are the Kuban, Narvik, Lappland, and Demjansk 57er shields. The Kuban and Narvik photographs are from the Jamie Cross Militaria site, one hopes he does not mind there use here, which are purely for educational purposes. Prost ! Steve.

57er Krim shield.   57er Krim shield.  

Last edited by oradour; 10-24-2011 at 02:48 PM.

Poor thing looks a little plain without the Adler. Thanks for the history lesson.

Nice Krim shield, Steve! Thanks for showing.

Regards